Welcome, everyone!

Would this also be where people with business plans should post whose businesses do not revolve around actually taking photographs?

There seem to be a fair number of those. For example, that guy who just recently made a thread about a business for renting lenses to people in exchange for real estate photography.

How would a lens renter be termed an "Aspiring Pro"? Doesn't make much sense, does it? ;)

Not the renter. The person who wants to start a rental business (there was a thread on this). Thus planning to make money in the field of photography. Thus making them an aspiring pro.

And, a 'Thanks' to Derrel who originally the suggested this (alternatively, if it goes horribly wrong blame Derrel! ;) )

My favorite thing to do.

Yeah, blame me for anything that goes wrong...but dude...while I appreciate the props for this, as I recall, what I suggested was a sub-forum for perspiring professionals!!! Not aspiring, or aspirating, but PER-spiring!!! Sweaty, nervous, hard-working, perspiring pros, humping around heavy loads of OCF units and umbrellas and light stands, and big Nikons and Canons, and massive weight in f/2.8 pro glass!!!

I think you still need to work on that reading condescension, eh? :meh:

Yeah, blame me for anything that goes wrong...but dude...while I appreciate the props for this, as I recall, what I suggested was a sub-forum for perspiring professionals!!! Not aspiring, or aspirating, but PER-spiring!!! Sweaty, nervous, hard-working, perspiring pros, humping around heavy loads of OCF units and umbrellas and light stands, and big Nikons and Canons, and massive weight in f/2.8 pro glass!!!

I think you still need to work on that reading condescension, eh? :meh:

Perspiring Professionals: the Ballads of Sweaty Derrel.

I'd read the s&$# out of that screenplay.

I think you still need to work on that reading condescension, eh? :no smile:
Reading condensation would be more relevant to perspiring professionals.

Would this also be where people with business plans should post whose businesses do not revolve around actually taking photographs?

There seem to be a fair number of those. For example, that guy who just recently made a thread about a business for renting lenses to people in exchange for real estate photography.

How would a lens renter be termed an "Aspiring Pro"? Doesn't make much sense, does it? ;)

Not the renter. The person who wants to start a rental business (there was a thread on this). Thus planning to make money in the field of photography. Thus making them an aspiring pro.

But not in Photography... that would be retail. And technically one who "rents the lens" would be either the renter or the rentee, in this instance.

Well, this area of the forum is going to go one of two ways IMO.. either be great or terrible. lol I for one think its a great idea, but I can already envision the "rain on your party" club stalking like hawks for innocent prey.

Well, this area of the forum is going to go one of two ways IMO.. either be great or terrible. lol I for one think its a great idea, but I can already envision the "rain on your party" club stalking like hawks for innocent prey.

Thats why this section is more heavily moderated than the other sections.

What no fauxtogs forum for the rest of us?!!! Booooo heckle heckle...I fart in your general direction. ...

But seriously I hope this forum works out lol.

Thats why this section is more heavily moderated than the other sections.

Good call! This forum is a wealth of knowledge and I really hope this section works out well.

So when do we graduate from aspiring to pro. Full time? I'm laid off right now so photography is it for me. Do I now post in the pro forum. If I get another job am I demoted back to here. Is there a graduation ceremony? So many questions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back