Welcome to the United States of America

Lars Leber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larsleber.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.
We will soon mail you a new Permanent Resident Card. You should receive it within the next three weeks.
... .

Nice. The whole 'Green Card' process took almost two years. I celebrated very much like a photographer and ordered a ring flash .. it should be here tomorrow. :)

Congrats!

Wow two years? You're lucky it took my husband 14... needless to say we found a lot of humor in his "welcome letter"

I had my green card for 26 years and got it right away. Naturalization, however, took over 4 years.

Congrats!

Congratulations! Welcome to the United States. It's a beautiful country with wonderful people, and we're happy to have you. :) Can't wait to see the pictures with the ring flash!

Congrats Lars! I was lucky, I got my GC within days of arriving to the US and the citizenship within 5 years of that.

Like Wildmaven says, it's a great country, not perfect but with good people. Welcome!!!

That sucks, man.

aka. Congratulations. I've heard horrid stories for GC's, 2 years doesn't sound all too bad. Does this status allow you to vote, etc? Dunno if "permanent resident" status would differ from "citizen" for civic duties or not...

That sucks, man.

aka. Congratulations. I've heard horrid stories for GC's, 2 years doesn't sound all too bad. Does this status allow you to vote, etc? Dunno if "permanent resident" status would differ from "citizen" for civic duties or not...

No you must be a citizen to vote or to stand on a jury. And sadly, he can never be president.

Well, rock it, Lars! :band: Congrats, and welcome to the USA! I hope you're happy and prosperous here. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back