well despite the weather its was a good day

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out to Lavell's Lake this morning with my mate Gary and bumped into Hoppy in the hide. The hide was having work done to it to give easier access for wheelchair users so it was a bit noisy which kept most of the birds away so we didn't stay long.

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES VERSIONS

Long-Tailed Tits

After we left the hide we headed north to find a Red Kite or two, now I knew there were a lot of Kites around that area as they were reintroduced there a few years ago but what I didn't expect was to see somewhere in the region of about 40-50!!!
At one point we stopped on country lane that was winding up the hill to hear this CLICKY hit the PLAY button.

Red Kite

Then we carried on to Watlington Hill then over to Aston Rowant where you could look down in the valley and see Kites, definitely planning on going back there where the weather is better

The weather started coming in again so we headed back to Lavell's Lake. By the time we'd got back the carpenter had gone so all was peaceful

Treecreeper

but it wasn't long till the weather had turned for the worst again

Wet Long-tailed Tit

and for fun, taken by Hoppy
32.jpg

31.jpg

ohh and Ladies, I'm available
hhT8D9MrZThqN1MCbcPCYDVwUE26.gif

oh man, those birds in the first pics always show up when I do a Google-search....:lol:

LOVE the first one: the light from behind is great. And you can even see some spiderweb.
Second favorite is the tree and I like the sheep too, although that pic could maybe do with a little bit more contrast IMHO.

:thumbup:

pascal

Looks like a productive day indeed! Love that first shot...excellent lighting and interesting colours on the branch and in the background. What a sweet little bird.

And the kite pics are wonderful...again, nice light hitting them

I really love the colors in the background of the first two, they really make the tits stand out. (Never thought I'd ever piece a sentence like that together)

Oh and I will gladly switch you weather.

many thanks everyone :biggrin:

Very nice shots LP.
The lighting in the first one is great and I love the rain drops in the last.

Dani.

I like how you can see the rain drops blurred in the last shot, and the sharpness of the Red Kite is fantastic.

Great captures as always, you never disappoint :thumbup:

Great shots once again but i still haven't seen a bad shot yet! love the red kits and the sheeeep make me home sick hahaha

That lense is MASSIVE. Whoa.

Oh, and the pics are very cool as well.

nice nice ... I always like to see tits.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back