Well Lookie What I Got

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So Thursday night I was in the ER for a painful swelling on my mid-calf, which was bluish. And it turns out I have a deep vein thrombosis. Which sucks, cause if it breaks off and goes to my heart (not a big chance though) I'd die.

You all jelly now? I get to wear compression hose and take pills. :grumpy:

Daily advice. Don't snicker at man with support hose. He might dot your eye. Good luck and heal up quick. later Ed

I had a DVT after my C-section. Very scary and painful.

Oh I thought you were going to post a photo. I also had to wear the compression hose things after my csection. Get well soon! Do they know what caused it?

Thanks everyone!

Paigew, much to my embarrassment, it was caused by prolonged cross-legged sitting on the floor of the choir room due to not having a solo&ensemble piece. Next year I will be making sure to have one in every class period so that I'm never sitting for longer then 45 minutes!

Also, I'm in the ER again for another clot on my knee. Thank God for my nexus 7! I'll keep you informed.

And to update, I was miss-diagnosed by the doctor! :D

Wows! Sorry to here that Zooie :(

You are young though aren't you? Also White (if I am remembering correctly)?

As a white person you are more susceptible to having a genetic mutation that would leave you prone to blood clots. MTHFR mutation, could also be cause by protein C or protein S deficiencies or "The Pill". Lots of young people sit around for long periods of time it seems unusual to develop DVT from just that. Aside from the ER have you consulted your PCP? Do they have you on any blood thinners?

Thanks, but I'm clot-free, according to the doctors last night, who actually did the ultra-sound like they were supposed to! :D But they're still a little worried about the giant swelling and bruises that appeared almost instantly, and with not cause.

But yes, I turn 17 on the 2nd, and am about as tan as a piece of paper. :)

Ah, well here is hoping they get you sorted sooner rather than later. :hug::

Happy Birthday :mrgreen:

no clot eh? that's good. hope they find out what it is.
i was gonna ask if they recommended putting in an IVC filter before they realized it wasn't a clot.

Right, so I get to go to a different hospital on the 2nd (the day of my choir concert -_-) because my EKG or whatever it's called came out abnormal. So I'm clearly dying and you should all give me lots of money. :hug::

I wish! In a year or so, if I get in, I plan on going down to Boston and going to Berklee for college, but until then... :x

I've got a co-singer in choir with DVT, wearing compression hose, taking pills, all that stuff ... but he's 73!
Well, now you say they say it's not DVT, after all (lucky you), but you still got a "funny" EKG? Hmph...

What is it you're going to perform on 2nd?

We put Bach's St.Matthew Passion on stage (acting it out according to a script that was written for the occasion) in late March...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back