Well, my girl had her party and my boy got...

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
two types of the flu. Here's my weekend in pictures. I posted pictures of my daughter's chuck e cheese party. Well at 10 that night, I layed my 2 year old son down in his bed to sleep because with no nap he was exhausted! I conversed with the house guests until my husband got home and at 11 I went to check on him before bed. My (never been sick before) son was on fire. I took his temperature under his arm and it immediately shot up to 102 and by the time it reached 103.3 a few seconds later I had my husband putting his shoes on to go to the ER because he's never run a temperature more than 101. Lethargic and flat out pitiful I held his hand as we drove to the ER. When we got there, nearly 30 minutes after Motrin, his fever was 104.2. They gave him tylenol and tested for Strep and the Flu. The nurse said, and I quote, "We got funky results on the flu test, but the Strep was negative so we're going to have to swab his nose again." After the second results came back we found out what was funky... He had Influenza A and B. Both at the same time, poor guy. We got his temp down to 99.7 and a rx for Tamiflu and headed home. At 4 am we got home and went to bed by 5. At 9 he was up and feeling SO much better. He played and our house guests left (with advice to go ahead and get on meds.) At noon, during his nap he spiked a 104 fever again. He was shivering so bad. We gave tylenol and motrin and started to get ready for the ER (this time taking my daughter with us) and as we did so, my precious angel of a boy had a seizure and it was the scariest moment of my life. We ran down to the car and got to the hospital as fast as we could. His temp after about 30 minutes of motrin and tylenol was 104.7 rectally. He couldn't wake up and he was basically unresponsive. A few hours later we were sent home again with a 99.8 fever and instructions to give tylenol/motrin alternating every 2 hours without fail for the next 48 hours even if there is no fever.

I tell you this because I want to ask you all to pray, light a candle, whatever it is that you do to find some relief from life's stresses. I had a very long night with my son last night and thankfully the fever has been controlled and he's feeling better today, but I can't keep him down and I'm afraid he's going to get himself too riled up. Benadryl doesn't work and he just wants to play. :( So, please, if you have a god or some other spiritual being, could you talk to them for me when you do.

TIA for thoughts and prayers.

Attached are pictures from my droid, hosted on FB, so I'm not asking for critique, just giving you a visual of my poor baby yesterday.

Shortly after we arrived at the ER yesterday when I was asking for prayers from my Facebook family.
165703_1511357394221_1542969972_31065380_618394_n.jpg

We forgot his bottle at home in the rush and he was begging for one. All they had was the nursery 1 1/2 oz bottles. He weighs 35 lbs... lol He looked at that tiny ninny like it was an alien! :lol:
167014_1511380314794_1542969972_31065448_5844379_n.jpg

He looked absolutely pitiful. He was pitiful.
180539_1511450196541_1542969972_31065582_4114962_n.jpg

Finally he got a little rest.
166443_1512078012236_1542969972_31066849_6563842_n.jpg

Awwww! Hope he gets better soon, and for YOU to get some rest lol

Sorry to hear about the flu! After this weekend, I really hope you guys get the rest you deserve!

aw im sorry bout that. hope he feels better

hope he feels better!

Oh my god! I almost cried reading this, I couldn't even imagine that happening to my son! I would have lost it :( What a sin the poor little guy... I hope he feels better soon. I would try giving him some chewable Gravol, that should get him to go to sleep :) You and your little man are in my thoughts, good luck momma.

Aww poor guy, I'll definitely keep you both in my prayers.

My daughter had an ear infection when she was about 2, and it gave her an extremely high temperature to the point where she was having shivers too. She just woke up in the middle of the night and started having these convulsive shakes... scared the living daylights out of me (and her!). So I know in a small way what you're going through, and it's not fun. :(

You will never feel as helpless as cases like this with your kids. Been there, done that too many times. I hope the best for the little guy and for your nerves. Good luck.

I know how that feels. My son was in and out of the hospital a lot. He had countless problems. Its very heart breaking knowing you cant do anything. We lost him 2 years ago this April. While it really sucks that he is gone I feel much better knowing that nothing else can happen to him. We were told at the one the best hospitals in the country that he wouldn't make it that long. We had him for 2 1/2 years. Kids are fighters and I'm sure yours will be fine. Stay strong and do whatever it is that helps you ease the nerves.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. ajkramer, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be honest and say when he was seizing and his eyes rolled back in his head I could think of nothing other than losing him and trying to stay strong for my daughter who was bawling and scared and my husband who was trying to drive was the most difficult thing I've ever done. I just wanted to hug and squeeze him and do anything in the world to make him okay.

He is feeling much better today, he will not rest though and I'm very scared that he will relapse if something doesn't make him sleepy.

On top of that (an my lack of housework for the past week between planning the bday party, having houseguests over the weekend and being in the hospital for the better part of 2 days, I get a notice on our apartment door that they will be doing home inspections tomorrow to make sure we're taking care of -their- property. This apartment complex is the biggest joke and I can't WAIT to get the hell out of here!

I just called and told them that if they come to inspect the house they'll likely get one or two strands of the flu and that if they want to evict me despite the circumstances then we'll just have to make something happen. These people are something else. Ugh. As if I needed *that* stress.

OMG Im so sorry to hear this. I wish him all the best and hope he gets better soon. You seem like a strong spirited woman so I don't doubt that he'll get well soon under your care. Best of Luck :hugs:

Oh, that's an awful story....how terrible for the little dude, and for your family. All my best wishes go out to you and your son for a speedy,full recovery.

HUGS, stay strong, get YOUR rest and give that little man tonnes of snuggles and kisses. Febral seizures are no fun. Hopefully he is on the road to a speedy recovery. Make sure you take some downtime for yourself. Because then who will take care of YOU.

Most reactions

Back