What's new

Welsh sunsets and cloudscapes

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
2,591
Reaction score
375
Location
Barnsley, Oop-Nooerth, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think they are very nice, but i would have loved to see them in HDR.
 
Those would have been amazing to see in real life I bet! Cloudscapes are so hard to pull off well, the last one I think would be the closest. Great snaps, last one is the closest to a wall-hanger. How much post is involved in #4?
 
Those would have been amazing to see in real life I bet! Cloudscapes are so hard to pull off well, the last one I think would be the closest. Great snaps, last one is the closest to a wall-hanger. How much post is involved in #4?

They were quite something, that's true. The RAW files are a little flat. as far as PP, I first recovered a few white areas in the clouds. Then some contrast, blacks increased to sillhouette the ground (it was close to sillhouette anyway). Some increase in saturation. Oh, and a few birds removed. ;)
 
I think they are very nice, but i would have loved to see them in HDR.

Thanks. I don't have a lot to do with HDR, to be honest. These are pretty close to what was there, to be honest.

Cheers

But you would have been able to keep the color's and such in the tree's too. But that's just my personal taste.
 
I think they are very nice, but i would have loved to see them in HDR.

Thanks. I don't have a lot to do with HDR, to be honest. These are pretty close to what was there, to be honest.

Cheers

But you would have been able to keep the color's and such in the tree's too. But that's just my personal taste.

Ok. I can see that. I was after sillhouette, however, so achieved what I wasnted. I will bear in mind, however, and may well take a few differently exposed shots next time to allow for all versions. :)
 
Thanks. I don't have a lot to do with HDR, to be honest. These are pretty close to what was there, to be honest.

Cheers

But you would have been able to keep the color's and such in the tree's too. But that's just my personal taste.

Ok. I can see that. I was after sillhouette, however, so achieved what I wasnted. I will bear in mind, however, and may well take a few differently exposed shots next time to allow for all versions. :)

I'm not ragging on the silhouette, as i think you did a good job with that, but i would have also liked to see (in addition i should have said) an HDR.
 
But you would have been able to keep the color's and such in the tree's too. But that's just my personal taste.

Ok. I can see that. I was after sillhouette, however, so achieved what I wasnted. I will bear in mind, however, and may well take a few differently exposed shots next time to allow for all versions. :)

I'm not ragging on the silhouette, as i think you did a good job with that, but i would have also liked to see (in addition i should have said) an HDR.

Yes, I thought that's what you meant. :)

Cheers.
 
I really like the first image, I like how the cloud mimics the shape of the tree.
Must have been pretty cool seeing it in real life!
 
Ok. I can see that. I was after sillhouette, however, so achieved what I wasnted. I will bear in mind, however, and may well take a few differently exposed shots next time to allow for all versions. :)

I'm not ragging on the silhouette, as i think you did a good job with that, but i would have also liked to see (in addition i should have said) an HDR.

Yes, I thought that's what you meant. :)

Cheers.

Ok, i just didn't want you to misinterpret me. Haha. Either way, i like the shots.
 
I feel like if you up the highlights in the middle images you will have some really cool shots, they just look a little underexposed. Love the last one though!
 
I feel like if you up the highlights in the middle images you will have some really cool shots, they just look a little underexposed. Love the last one though!

Might have a look when I get a minute. Cheers

And thanks for the like on the last one. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom