Went for a walk last night...

Dinardy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just couldn't sleep last night, so I decided to walk around Tacoma, Washington in the middle of the night. It was humid and overcast, typical Washington weather. I loaded up my pack and threw the tripod on the side and went out for about an hour. Here's a few of the pictures I took, haven't really given this type of photography a try so C&C is appreciated.

Personally, I'm not that happy about the turn out. But it was more of a therapeutic thing anyways.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379214133.768043.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379214346.951292.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379214361.367425.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379214413.417410.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379214470.300944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Bumpit for some cc's

Sent from my iPhone

Are you from WA? I am too. I'm in Renton. Its so cool to find local people in this big forum.
As for C&Cs they all look good for my eyes but I'm a beginner so what do I know. Good job! 👏👏

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Are you from WA? I am too. I'm in Renton. Its so cool to find local people in this big forum.
As for C&Cs they all look good for my eyes but I'm a beginner so what do I know. Good job! 👏👏

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yup I'm in Puyallup. There's a handful of northwestern'rs here. Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone

I think my favorite is the freeway shot, #4, followed by #2. It's hard enough to take good photos in the dark and harder still when it's so overcast. To my eye the first two look a little underexposed. And more of a personal choice (seeing as I don't know the look you were after), but I would try to get a little bit more realistic profile on the building in #3. It just looks a bit awkward to me because the angle at the near-roofline is so acute.

I think my favorite is the freeway shot, #4, followed by #2. It's hard enough to take good photos in the dark and harder still when it's so overcast. To my eye the first two look a little underexposed. And more of a personal choice (seeing as I don't know the look you were after), but I would try to get a little bit more realistic profile on the building in #3. It just looks a bit awkward to me because the angle at the near-roofline is so acute.

Looking back I wish I would have bracketed some of the shots I think they really would have benefited from an HDR. I do agree that some are under exposed. I disliked 3 the most, I was unsure if such an extreme angle would work, thank you for the input. It truly helps.

Sent from my iPhone

There is something I like about #2 Maybe a different angle and some straightening. Also #5 in colour.
Just my 2 cents.

Oooh, had to play...and please do not take this as a negative approach to your original, but more as another person's romp through Photoshop experimenting with exposure adjustments. Your translated quite differently in Photoshop than on the TPF page and I immediately saw a great gray scale range which you hadn't fully exploited - and then perhaps that wasn't your vision - it's all good. So, I explored that tonal range. Open it in Photoshop if you have it as it does look differently in that venue.

$9759083224_aea0b835a2_o.jpg

Oooh, had to play...and please do not take this as a negative approach to your original, but more as another person's romp through Photoshop experimenting with exposure adjustments. Your translated quite differently in Photoshop than on the TPF page and I immediately saw a great gray scale range which you hadn't fully exploited - and then perhaps that wasn't your vision - it's all good. So, I explored that tonal range. Open it in Photoshop if you have it as it does look differently in that venue.

View attachment 55662

I quite like this myself. Made a pretty dynamic picture IMO.

View attachment 55662

I'm loving this edit, I didn't spend too much time in PP with them, it got pretty late. I'm planning on playing a little more tonight. Thanks for the reply! :)

Sent from my iPhone

There is something I like about #2 Maybe a different angle and some straightening. Also #5 in colour.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I was noticing my horizons were a bit wonky last night

Sent from my iPhone

Most reactions

Back