1: iso400, 1/4 second, f5.6

656773672_4uwze-L.jpg

2: iso100, 1/125 second, f5.6

656773497_kdoG9-L.jpg

3: iso400, 1/2 second, f5.6

656773344_beq9A-L.jpg

4: iso100, 1/125 second, f4.5

656773108_UQGMs-L.jpg

None of them really do anything for me but 3 is my favorite. What camera were you using because the pics are pretty noisy considering the fairly low ISO settings.
TJ

Eleanor...
These shots are not up to your usual quality level. I have this feeling that you were taking pics that you really didn't want to take.

hmm... they're noisy. Never seen such noise in your other shots.

#2 works well for me. Great subject, nice and close up to eliminate anything that does not add to the feel, just right depth of field to keep the view through the windshield from being distracting.

Personally speaking, I've never cared for the photo club shooting thing - like Plato mentioned, it's a situation where you are far more likely to be more limited in subject matter that you would when working alone...

- Randy

Funny, I found photo club shooting an avenue to expand horizons. Taking chances on shoots you never thought would have interested you, only to learn you dig it. Get opportunities to get in places you would never be able to get in otherwise, or places you didn't know existed. Also, seeing how other people saw what you saw, is another chance at learning to see things differently. Man I could go on and on about the benefits of photo clubs...I currently belong to 3 clubs, and have more opportunities than I have time!

Sorry Randy, maybe you have experienced a "bad" club.

Eleanor, what was this place you went?

Funny, I found photo club shooting an avenue to expand horizons. Taking chances on shoots you never thought would have interested you, only to learn you dig it. Get opportunities to get in places you would never be able to get in otherwise, or places you didn't know existed. Also, seeing how other people saw what you saw, is another chance at learning to see things differently. Man I could go on and on about the benefits of photo clubs...I currently belong to 3 clubs, and have more opportunities than I have time!

Pictures 1 and 3 were taken in a very old and unique general store in a small lakeside town about an hour from my city. Just crammed full of stuff, not a spare inch of shelf space (or floor space for that matter lol) anywhere. Picutres 2 and 4 were taken by an old abandoned elevator that I went to see after I left the camera club back at the store. There were all sorts of old abandoned cars, trucks and pretty old farm equipment next to a dugout. We also went to a very old ukranian orthodox church with 7 domes.

I have to agree with Bitter about camera clubs. Now admittedly I'm brand new to them.. tonight is only my 3rd meeting with them, but I spent more of my time just watching everyone taking photo's, seeing how they looked something differerntly then I did, even how the used their equipment. There was litterally over a 100 years of experience there that day with some of the members being in the club for over 40 years.

I am not sure why my inside photo's turned out so noisy. I only had the iso at 400, was using my tripod and the long exposure noise reduction was set to "on" in the camera.

Heh, could be, most of the clubs I've met have been far more concerned with gear than pictures, but my money is on me just being a curmudgeon when it comes to group creativity. I have a difficult time thinking when a couple dozen people are buzzing around snapping away while I set up my wooden field camera. I tend to work meditatively, thinking about each exposure, what I want to say, how I want to frame it, what the best angle would be, how I'm going to develop and print it, etc. and that, combined with a setup time of a couple of minutes per shot, means that by the time everyone else is done I've usually just begun. My comments weren't intended to put people off clubs - everybody is different in that regard - I just just chucking in my 2 cents...

:eek:ldman:

- Randy

i think 2 was good.i like old cars and trucks they bring you back in time.

Most reactions

Back