Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First time I've gotten these guys on my camera

Pied-Billed Grebe by robertwsimpson, on Flickr

Another first timer

Palm Warbler by robertwsimpson, on Flickr

you lookin at me!?

Red-Winged Blackbird by robertwsimpson, on Flickr

Always someone with better gear than you...

Green Cay Photographer by robertwsimpson, on Flickr

A sad sad sight... hope there wasn't a lens/camera attached to this...

Lens Hood by robertwsimpson, on Flickr

All photos taken at Green Cay Wetlands in Boynton Beach, Florida.

I really like #2 and #3. I would say that #3 would be better with a slight crop on the right and upper side.

Image1.jpg

This way the ramp gives a nice separation and gives a better focus on the evil look of the birds. It also creates two nice diagonal lines with the ramp and bird back. It's only my noob's opinion. I Like your work, but #5 makes me a little sad;)

thanks for your edit, but I still like my crop better. Your crop has made this a photo of a blackbird... in my crop, the DoF becomes a very important attribute of the photo as a whole... just my opinion, and again thank you for the compliments and comments!

by the way, how do you like your dc600? I have the 500, but my strobe is not working anymore. I love that setup. so easy to use, but very capable!

by the way, how do you like your dc600? I have the 500, but my strobe is not working anymore. I love that setup. so easy to use, but very capable!

It's a nice rig. I can't complain, my only regret is not to have wait for the DC800 model that allows you manual control over aperture to minimize shutter speed. Here are few of my best shots. Too bad for your strobe. You should look online, maybe you could find some old one before Sealife got the automatic version in. You can get them for fairly cheap. Also, if your problem was cracking battery pack like mines, you can homemade rig you battery packs and get them back underwater like I did . What happened to your flash exactly?

actually, I called sealife and they replaced the battery pack for free... I also got a few replacement parts that I needed... they have spare buttons and trip pieces and everything... it's pretty nice. Now, the flash just won't fire when triggered by the camera. I can manually fire it, but obviously that doesn't do me much good. I think eventually, I will just get an ikelight strobe or something. Nice thing about strobes, is that you can keep them even if you upgrade your camera.

here are my underwater shots

Diving Pictures - a set on Flickr

actually, I called sealife and they replaced the battery pack for free... I also got a few replacement parts that I needed... they have spare buttons and trip pieces and everything... it's pretty nice. Now, the flash just won't fire when triggered by the camera. I can manually fire it, but obviously that doesn't do me much good. I think eventually, I will just get an ikelight strobe or something. Nice thing about strobes, is that you can keep them even if you upgrade your camera.

here are my underwater shots

Diving Pictures - a set on Flickr

Really? Sealife sent you new pieces? When was that? I ask them this summer and they told me it was discontinued. Your flash fire in when you slide to "TEST", but not with the flash trough the optical wire? I had that problem last year, turned out I slided the inside selector (by the battery pack) to 1 instead of 0. I don't know if it's the same with you. Hopefully...

Most reactions

Back