What's new

Went storm chasing on Tuesday

Love #1! Fantastic, must have taken a few attempts to get one with a lightning strike with only 1.6s shutter speed.

Did you correct lens distortion in PP? Or is the 10-22 always that good at keeping horizons perfectly straight?

Yeah, the only impediment to a straight horizon is lining it up right to begin with -- the lens has shockingly little barrel distortion.
 
Your pictures are really good! I love storm pictures, and you really captured the mood.
 
WOW! #1 & #2 are amazing. What settings for #1 ? I always wonder if lightning shots are fluke or not... :)

Thanks! I don't have a lightning trigger (yet), so I set the tripoded camera for roughly 1.5 second exposures at f/8 and locked the cable release down. In the hundred or so pictures it took, that was the only lightning bolt that I caught.


Persistance pays big dividends!
 
You can visit the following site if you are interested in taking lightning photos..

Lightning Trigger

The followings are sample photos taken by using the gadget..


springthunderstormbyton.jpg


51549106.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom