Went to jail

Newtricks

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
June 1st I got arrested for driving while intoxicated, hadn't had a drink in about eight hours, still blew 0.26, this really sucks, spent 3 days in city jail and 4 days in county jail before being cut loose. Now I have to do nine months of alkeyhol school, surrender my license and jump through whatever hoops they put in front of me. The last time I had trouble with the court was in 1983, back then the Bulls segregated everyone by what you looked like, now they ask you stupid questions and go from there.

Sorry but a .26 and most people couldn't even walk, let alone drive. If a gap of 8 hours had passed since your last drink you must have been swimming in a rum barrel. As a former heavy drinker I can understand but not sympathize. Take the time off to look introspectively. Since I stopped drinking my life has greatly improved and I no longer wake up with strange dents in my vehicles.

Good. I hope you never get behind the wheel of a car again.

One of my best motorcycle friends was killed by a (person who made a bad decision) like you

Last edited by a moderator:
Alcohol is metabolized at a rate of about .01% per hour (about 7-14 gm/hr). To have a reading of 0.26 after 8 hours means that you had a reading of 0.34 at the beginning of those 8 hours. That level is associated with severe impairement (central nervous system, liver, kidneys, etc.), and for those not used to this level of alcohol, even death by alcohol poisoning. The ability to reason is essentially gone by 0.10. The ability to remember is severely compromised by 0.2. The ability to control your body is compromised by 0.3. You were in no state to do anything for at least 24 hours after your drinking binge, never mind after 8 hours. This is more than a wake-up call.

I hope you let this sink in how fortunate you were to not have killed someone. You need help. Get off the booze.

You need to get your **** together, realize you have a severe problem, and do something about it. Before you kill yourself, or worse yet somebody else.

I sense this thread will be closed soon.

As someone whose life was greatly influenced by alcohol (not mine, don't get me wrong) and being in numerous situation in a car while someone like you was driving, I have nothing, I mean nothing nice and even polite to tell you!

The good news is there is a way and people do 'get' it. Don't scoff an opportunity is looking you in the face, grab it.

Get help, friend. This should be a wake up call. I wish you the best on your journey to sobriety.

Hope you got a blood test done.

I realize this is a touchy subject, but i am only going to say this once...Whatever your personal feelings are, keep it civil, the mans trying to come to terms with this.
no further warnings will be given.
despite an obvious lapse of good judgement, as far as i can tell, whether by luck, serendipity, or divine intervention, Newtricks was not involved in any accidents, nor was anyone injured....so either help out with a TPF intervention, or back the **** off if you cant say anything useful.

also, I will not be closing this thread unless by OP request. I don't close threads. I will hand out temp bans instead.

End of line.

Errors in judgment happen to us all. As a positive, no one was hurt. We can all be positive about that.

Judging by the tone (or interpretation) of the OP's opening post, I did not gather a feeling of remorse. As such, the replies are warranted and hopefully serve as a wake-up call to the OP.

Sometimes people express regrets in strange ways but I'm not saying this is the case. OP has reached out for help (?)

Most reactions

Back