Went to the Docks Today...C&C

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Great weather today, except it was a little windy. Shot in RAW and as always the EXIF is there.
3293401361_7fd9896a40_o.jpg

3293401443_1f478961b5_o.jpg

3294226102_f9ab8d7eba_o.jpg

3294226202_061851de0b_o.jpg

Wow! 3 is amazing.. What lens were you using?

1 - Nice photo. Good comp & focus, clear subject, eye catching.
2 - Cool subject but looks busy. Crop out the shoreline from the top and the dock on the left. Also either increase the DOF so that all the birds are in sharp focus, or shoot wide open, focusing on a couple individual birds. The in between way (not enough DOF for all and too much DOF for just a single subject) looks half-hearted and confused.
3 - I can't quite pinpoint it but it just doesn't look catchy to me. It looks as if you tried to take a picture of the proverbial "kitchen sink." If I were you, I would have pointed the camera a bit more to the left to get rid of the distracting dock on the right and show the entire building on the left.
4 - Cool subject but I'm not a fan of harsh backlighting and semi-silhouetteness. I don't really understand your composition in this one too.

IN #3 I was going to not capture th UN building but there was an ugly building there and I wanted the most of the Queenboro Bridge. In #4 I was kind of going for the leading lines.

I don't have any technical input since you are a much better photographer than I am, but I wanted to say that I personally liked #2. It made me smile to see all those birds lined up on the posts. (I really like #1 as well, very nice).

haha when I saw these birds I was like "ok......" they lined up for me to shoot them :p

I don't have any technical input since you are a much better photographer than I am, but I wanted to say that I personally liked #2. It made me smile to see all those birds lined up on the posts. (I really like #1 as well, very nice).

+1 :thumbup:

I like them all really nice work............

#1 is my favorite :)

I don't know why, but at just a quick first glance, I thought you used a fisheye for #3 for some reason! :/

Haha, great shots thought!

Most reactions

Back