Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pano Warning - Scroll Right!

Here's a shot from a recent trip to West Virginia. Total of 8 shots to create this panoramic.

Comments?

Thanks!

WV-WaterFall-Pano.jpg

It has really nice detail, but the glare in the middle of it really distracts me. The clouds look unnatural to me too. Is that how they looked, or is that from piecing the shots back together?

It has really nice detail, but the glare in the middle of it really distracts me. The clouds look unnatural to me too. Is that how they looked, or is that from piecing the shots back together?
I used a polarizer, and added a bit of saturation to the blue but other than that it's pretty much what I saw. There are no apparent "stitching" flaws.

It looks really cool! but the lens flare sort of ruins an amazing shot imo

I agree - I like it and I think the stitching was done well, but the lens flare takes a lot away from it.

As to the clouds - they look "abnormal" because I'm guessing this is somewhere between 100-180° field of view. This means that if the clouds are going all in one direction, they have to "switch" directions by curving around somewhere in the middle of the field of view, which is what you see.

this is exactly why i have a polarizing filter!
i love the great color saturation you can achieve from it

the lens flare bothered me at first but i grew accustomed to it and now i think it actually adds to the picture...

and i think that the whole picture looks a bit bowed, a slight side effect of stitching a panoramic, right?

anyway the one thing i can add is that maybe a slighly longer shutter so the water blurs together a little bit?
the scene looks so calm and serene and the sharp focus of the water contrasts it a bit

Most reactions

New Topics

Back