What are these spots from

ATXshots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I often get these spots on my photos. What are they from?

3283148250_6d6d632904.jpg

3282357933_2aaff7bc18.jpg

the link you provided is to a page that has been deleted..

"This page has been deleted. The deletion log for the page is provided below for reference.
  • 17:49, 1 November 2005 Deb (Talk | contribs) deleted "Orb (paranormal" ‎ (content was: '{{nonsense}}I don't understand what I am supposed to be doing here.')"

Orbs - read more about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(paranormal)

most likely is dust in the air reflecting light. Were you using flash?

Exactly what I was thinking. Many people will tell you that these are actually ghosts in you house (there must have been a massacre in your house), but it is just dust floating around. The flash illuminates them.

...is there a way to avoid it?

Clean your house?

If if was your sensor it would happen with every lens, with or without flash. And they would always be in the same place.

Clean your house?

If if was your sensor it would happen with every lens, with or without flash. And they would always be in the same place.

:lol:well, it happen's a lot...inside and outside, other peoples houses too.

Maybe my husband was right, I do need to dust more :er:

Last edited:
probably dust, but if thats dust floating around then DAMN. lol. To see if its your sensor take a shot of a bright solid background at the highest aperture. You should see the dust spots. But if you want to see even more and you have Photoshop put that shot into PS and do auto level (Ctrl+Shift+L) I knew I had dust on my sensor but when I did the auto level I almost fell off my chair thats how dirty it was lol.

Well, since I believe the question has been answered....

Beautiful dogs! Other than my baby, a yellow Lab, the sweetest dog I've ever met was a 10 month old 110 pound male Rot.

Well, since I believe the question has been answered....

Beautiful dogs! Other than my baby, a yellow Lab, the sweetest dog I've ever met was a 10 month old 110 pound male Rot.

Thanks :) mines the one on the right. The other we babysat for the weekend. They had so much fun together.

Most reactions

Back