What are you listening to right now?

Luminosity said:
What am I listening to right this second ?

' The Marriage of Figaro ' Mozart

OK, you make me curious... Who's performing it?

Luminosity said:
Mitica100 said:
Luminosity said:

Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra - conducted by Roberto Paternostro

Pretty good darn orchestra, if you ask me. :lol:

Thanks for the info!

Mitica100 said:
Luminosity said:
Mitica100 said:
Luminosity said:

Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra - conducted by Roberto Paternostro

Pretty good darn orchestra, if you ask me. :lol:

Thanks for the info!

As a brand spankin newbie to the world of Mozart , I'm afraid I know no other orchestra to compare BRSO to :lol: .....

Its very soothing ..... I can see ( in this case hear ;) ) the allure....

Luminosity said:
As a brand spankin newbie to the world of Mozart , I'm afraid I know no other orchestra to compare BRSO to :lol: .....

Its very soothing ..... I can see ( in this case hear ;) ) the allure....

There are many great orchestras playing a great Mozart. Despite its simplicity, his music is one of the hardest to perform. Another great orchestra to listen to is Vienna Philharmonic. Some American orchestras do a good job, namely New York Phil, Cleveland Symphony and Boston Symphony.

We perform Mozart quite a lot as well, will do the Requiem pretty soon. That's another great piece you would like, I'm sure. :D

Soothe away your kindred spirits, Mozart is a great help.

malachite said:
Ooooo....good idea. I've been working on the bike so it has to be Carl Orff - Carmina Burana

We'll do that too, this coming spring. Want a ticket?

Mitica100 said:
Another great orchestra to listen to is Vienna Philharmonic.

I've definately heard of this orchestra.

Mitica100 said:
We perform Mozart quite a lot as well, will do the Requiem pretty soon. That's another great piece you would like, I'm sure. :D

I do like Requiem :sillysmi:

Mitica100 said:
malachite said:
Ooooo....good idea. I've been working on the bike so it has to be Carl Orff - Carmina Burana

Absolutely..... 2 would be better :wink:

How bout some Edvard Grieg? In the Hall of the Mountain King goes really good with the intro to Carmina B.....

Now I'm all filling up the CD changer with power classical :p Oooo, Bach - Toccata/Fugue

malachite said:
Mitica100 said:
malachite said:

Absolutely..... 2 would be better :wink:

How bout some Edvard Grieg? In the Hall of the Mountain King goes really good with the intro to Carmina B.....

Now I'm all filling up the CD changer with power classical :p Oooo, Bach - Toccata/Fugue

We're performing it on May 19, 20 and 21 at the Orpheum Theatre. Unfortunately, no Grieg before it, although there are two other works, a Toccata e Ritornello from Orfeo by Monteverdi and Ancient Airs and Dances by Respighi.

Carmina Burana is in the second half. I have to rent the movie The Omen again, to put myself in the mood for it. :lol:

Mitica100 said:
Carmina Burana is in the second half. I have to rent the movie The Omen again, to put myself in the mood for it. :lol:
It's been used as an intro to countless mountainbike videos so you'll see me out there somewhere wishing I was Wade Simmons :headbang:

I'd love to go though. I haven't listened to any live classical in a long time. And I can tell my date "See the guy dressed like a penguin with the violin? I know him......" :wink:

OK, so back to "what are we listening to now?"

Thought I was loading the CD player up with some power classical but somehow I got some of Rachmaninov's slow, romantic stuff mixed in there. Oh well, any of the ladies want to dance? :wink:

malachite said:
I'd love to go though. I haven't listened to any live classical in a long time. And I can tell my date "See the guy dressed like a penguin with the violin? I know him......" :wink:

Most exellent! :lol: Please remind me, a PM sometime early May and I'll get you 2 tix.

Most reactions

Back