What are you watching on TV right now?

After Bridgerton, The Crown and Enola Holmes, if you hear me speaking with a British accent don’t be worried. I assure you madam I am quite well.

Yeah, the wife's into Bridgerton, which she watches in bed so I'm kinda stuck with it. It's not too bad I suppose. However I suspect it's not too historically accurate.

Amazon prime video device has packed up. So can’t access our box sets ect
The snooker has finished
F1 has finished
So at the moment we are jumping from one thing to another,
Last night watched the pilot film for star gate.

Yeah, the wife's into Bridgerton, which she watches in bed so I'm kinda stuck with it. It's not too bad I suppose. However I suspect it's not too historically accurate.

It’s based on a series of historical romance novels by Julia Quinn. Typically those are big on attention to historical detail with clothes and social norms of the time but of course the character are fiction.

It’s based on a series of historical romance novels by Julia Quinn. Typically those are big on attention to historical detail with clothes and social norms of the time but of course the character are fiction.

Yeah, but that's not quite what I meant. Never mind, best not go further.

Are you referring to their using black actors? Many historians have come to believe Queen Charlotte was biracial. It seems they decided to expand on that. I thought it made the show more interesting and more appealing to a younger demo. I also liked that they used modern music played classically. It took me a few minutes to catch on to that Adriana Grande tune at the beginning...

Like I said, in certain respects not historically accurate and I'll leave it there. I wouldn't know a

Are you referring to their using black actors? Many historians have come to believe Queen Charlotte was biracial. It seems they decided to expand on that. I thought it made the show more interesting and more appealing to a younger demo. I also liked that they used modern music played classically. It took me a few minutes to catch on to that Adriana Grande tune at the beginning...

Like I said, I suspected it was not historically accurate in certain respects, demographically or otherwise. I wouldn't know an Ariand Grande song if one popped up in my soup.:)

PS: I heard you the first time:D;)

The Butterfly Effect
I liked the meaning of this movie. Whatever happens, you can never change it, no matter how hard you try. The hardest thing to do is accept it, but it is also the easiest.

Not quite TV but on YouTube for the next day or so:

"CATS The Musical - FULL SHOW | 40th Anniversary | The Shows Must Go On | CONTAINS FLASHING IMAGES",
Posted May 14, 2021 by "The Shows Must Go On!", [Very LONG 2:01:16]
""

[2021-05-17 1:56]
"Cats" is gone now. I saw it just after I posted the link. This was the first time I have seen the whole thing. Years ago, I think, on a Sunday morning I heard Elaine Paige talk about her involvement with the show. Andrew Lloyd Webber played "Memories" on the piano for her before the song was written and she told him she wanted to sing it when it was done. I don't remember if she had the hit song before the play was written. I think that was the order it happened. Judy Dench was cast to play the part on stage, but then she broke her leg (ironic), and Elaine Paige took the role. This video was made in 1988 with mostly the London cast.

If I were being heavily critical, I could say that the show is basically the one song "Memories" with everything else just filler, building up to it. If I were British and living in London I might find the rest wonderful, but I am not, so I don't. But I still enjoyed it. The final presentation of "Memories" with Elaine Page and Veerle Castelyn is profound. The interaction between the young and the old was new. It was not simply a "handing over of the baton". The younger cat seems to give new life and strength to the older cat -- at least temporarily. Before "Cats", I never would have thought of that.

Last edited:
without remorse on amazon prime is the last thing i watched. technically, it's a movie....but if they're smart they'll turn it into a series on rainbow 6. and it has ties to jack ryan. and since it's all part of the clancyverse we really need a ghost recon tv series too.

without remorse on amazon prime is the last thing i watched. technically, it's a movie....but if they're smart they'll turn it into a series on rainbow 6. and it has ties to jack ryan. and since it's all part of the clancyverse we really need a ghost recon tv series too.

I watched it the other night. It was ok but I wouldn't watch a series. That said, I think I might have one of the computer games.

I have a couple of apps on my PC and Fire Stick that cover most streaming services so I just browse til I see something I fancy.

I watched Army of the Dead a couple of days ago. It was ok but Zombies that can run, think and breed just don't sit right imo.

I watched it the other night. It was ok but I wouldn't watch a series. That said, I think I might have one of the computer games.
the movie was just ok. they could have done a lot better.

i'd consider watching a series, but it depends on how they do it. if it was just rainbow 6 then i'd probably skip. r6 was never my favorite. but r6, jack ryan, ghost recon and a few others are all from the same universe, so i could get into an clancyverse set of movies and tv series like marvel did.

I am deciding what I am going to see and how. I want to see the "Black Widow" movie, but I will probably buy a DVD or Bluray. The same goes for the new "Dune" movie. I read the book (actually the main book and, I think, 3 follow-ups), and I saw the first David Lynch movie, and I bought DVDs for the TV mini-series. Now I cannot remember the original book(s), so I cannot say what is accurate and what is not, but I really did like the mini-series. The mini-series can be watched on YouTube (free).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back