What are you watching on TV right now?

believe the same about Mrs. Clinton
Feelings are as good as facts, right?

Not to me, but for a lot of folks, apparently. Me I prefer facts. I just prefer all of the facts. I'm funny that way.
I know of one guy... his name starts with N and ends in ewt Gingrich. :801:

And I could quote thousand upon thousands of folks from the democratic party who have also made up their mind about issues based on something other than a complete set of the facts. I can do the same for thousands more in the republican party.

But in the final analysis.. so what? None of them will ever change their minds based on facts. Which is why talking politics is such a completely pointless exercise. Just wish both sides would start holding their "leaders" to a higher standard. If they did things would get a whole lot better for everybody. Sadly though, doesn't happen. Instead they point to the opposition and say, but so and so did this which is worse...

Ughh.

In thread topic related news:

I can't wait for the new season of Twin Peaks to come out... just have to wait until 2017.

Ok, I am slumming it tonight. TCM has the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns on. Just finished Fist full of Dollars, now is For a Few Dollars More, next The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Have you seen the original Japanese versions of those movies? Fist Full of Dollars was a remake of Yojimbo, starring Toshiro directed my Akira Kurosawa. The Samurai period translates very well into the old west, with the Samurai, now looking for work, fitting the roles of the gunslingers. This is not a "Kung Fu" movie; it is a brilliant work, and Mifuni makes Eastwood look like Wally Cox. The movies are parallel, scene by scene, and I like the both of them. But just as The Magnificent Seven is not quite up to the original Seven Samurai, I tip my sword to Yojimbo.

Politics aside, it was a historical moment for women and I don't think a bunch of men arguing about it is really relevant.

Ok, I am slumming it tonight. TCM has the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns on. Just finished Fist full of Dollars, now is For a Few Dollars More, next The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Have you seen the original Japanese versions of those movies? Fist Full of Dollars was a remake of Yojimbo, starring Toshiro directed my Akira Kurosawa. The Samurai period translates very well into the old west, with the Samurai, now looking for work, fitting the roles of the gunslingers. This is not a "Kung Fu" movie; it is a brilliant work, and Mifuni makes Eastwood look like Wally Cox. The movies are parallel, scene by scene, and I like the both of them. But just as The Magnificent Seven is not quite up to the original Seven Samurai, I tip my sword to Yojimbo.
Yes, they are both good, but I prefer the spaghetti versions.

Just watched the Tigers spank the Houston Astro's.

Boy they're hot right now! They just finished sweeping the Sox (Red of course) - and landed us in 3rd.

Boy they're hot right now! They just finished sweeping the Sox (Red of course) - and landed us in 3rd.
Good to see. We have Zimmerman, JD Martinez, and Norris coming back next week too! If they go 7-2 in this 9 game home stand, I start feeling better about them. Upton is starting to hit finally as well.

I feel bad for Bosox fans, Dombroski is going to decimate their farm system. He was horrible in Detroit on player development, used Illitch's money for trades and free agents.

Good to see. We have Zimmerman, JD Martinez, and Norris coming back next week too! If they go 7-2 in this 9 game home stand, I start feeling better about them. Upton is starting to hit finally as well.

I feel bad for Bosox fans, Dombroski is going to decimate their farm system. He was horrible in Detroit on player development, used Illitch's money for trades and free agents.

We'll all be too devastated when Big Papi retires to even notice.

Most reactions

Back