What Camera Should I Buy ?

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello
I am getting into photography and I already have a SLR camera. I now want to get a DSLR Camera.

I found this deal on Newegg for the Olympus E-300 and it comes with 2 lenses for $679
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830111157

My other Choice is the Nikon D50 but it only has 6.1 MP compared to the Olympus 8 MP.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830113131

And My third Choice is the Canon Digital REbel XT silver but its on the expensive side and dosent come with a lense wich is bad for me cause I dont know much about lenses.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830120028

I dont know much about DSLR cameras except stuff like the megapixles and screen size.. What i dont know about are those extra features that seem to help people. So if you could help me choose the right camera and tell me wich has the better features for a low budgit and wich camera will do me good in the future would be a great help.

Thanks
-Phil

You don't mention what SLR you already have. If it's a Canon or Nikon and reasonably recent that may influence your choice. Search the board because this question is answered all the time. The answer that often runs as a theme is... Go in to a camera store and try them out. Find out what feels good to you. If possible try them with extra battery grips etc if you think you'll use them.

More MP is great, but not vital, 6MP is not bad.

A good portion of your investment long term may be with lenses, be aware of that.

You don't say what you want to photograph, that's useful info as well. If you want to photograph sports, compare the lenses you'd use and their prices etc, a bit of planning ahead may save you $$ down the line, even if you don't have much to spend right now.

ya thanks for the info. but do you know why that one camera is so cheap?

I also am going to be shooting outdoors and shooting stuff like ocean, tress, grass, things like that. I dont know much about lenses so what type of lense would I need for this type of photography?

I have a Vivitar V3800N . With a Vivitar 28-70mm MC Macro Focusing Zoom.

Thats the deal i bought (in england) and to start of its a great deal IMO. The lenses are the new silent motor range which are great compared to my noisey sigma. Also it gives you a good range with the 18-55 and the 55-200, so it will cover all kinds of photography situations. These kept me going for a while, untill i just had to buy more, and now i have the 50mm 1.8 and the sigma 70-300 super mac II. If i could change anything now i would have maybe prefered to just buy the body and get the two lenses above aswell as a wideangle, but at the time i was happy with that bundle and although not really fast, the lenses are decent quality.

When poeple talk about a lense being fast what do they mean?
And does anyone know if my lense would work with a Nikon D50 and how you can find out if lenses are compatible? I have a Vivitar MC MAcro Focusing zoom 28-70mm

If a lens is fast like the 50mm 1.8 i mentioned, it basically means you can set the aperture to a slow as 1.8, which means in low light situations you can have a 'faster' shutter speed. If your lens isn't fast the shutter will have to stay open longer in low light causing blur and camera shake (without a tripod). I dont think your Vivitar lens will be usable with the nikon, but i could be wrong, i know nothing about Vivitar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back