What's new

what can you tell me about Tokina 12-24 f4?

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want the f2.8 (obviously) but it is a little rich for my blood. There is a guy locally selling the f4 glass for $250.

Should I go look, or should I forget it? What can you tell me about this lens in relation to the price?

Here are pics the seller sent me:

untitled4.jpg


untitled3.jpg


untitled2.jpg


untitled1.jpg


untitled-3.jpg
 
Last edited:
I got a Tokina 12-24 with my 350D. It had very noticeable purple fringing, as well as severe front focusing at settings shorter than 15mm. I exchanged it for another copy. The second copy is much better in both regards. It's very sharp even wide-open; at f/8 it's possibly sharper than the camera sensor's resolution since my test shots remain sharp under "pixel peeping" magnification even when the image breaks down into pixels. That suggests it's likely to be sharp enough for any APS-C camera (as long as you get a good copy). My experience just proves that it's best to buy lenses locally whenever possible to make exchanging a bad copy less of a hassle (and the price was identical to B&H and Adorama, which surprised me).
 
thanks readone.

I'm surprised with 40 views you're the only one with anything to say.
 
I would jump on it! I have had mine a week and love it so far :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom