What causes "orbs" in photos?

Well, I got my kirlianizer the same place I bought my Hollywood digital camera (you know, the model with the infinately unlimited high res zoom).

check it out at www.itsallinksmattfish'simagination.com :wink:

See, I never use the smilies, so when you see me use the smilies, that's your clue that I'm feeding you a line of BS.

Can anyone offer a good explanation for those faint white spots ("orbs") that appear in photos?

At first, I thought that orbs were just reflections of droplets and dus particles in the air. But then, I noticed that orbs did not appear in pictures of the other areas of our house. They only appeared in pictures of our bathroom and of my cousin's unfinished house. I guess that they are manifestations of spirits. If they indeed are reflections from droplets and dust particles, then they should have shown in all the pictures.

Orbs are spirits floating around .... According to the ghost hunters. Hehehehe.

I get lots of orbs when I photograph in caves. Lots of dust and condensation in the air.

Of course it could also be ghosts.......

lens flare by any other name is still lens flare.

Thanks for your responses. I'm using a Fujifilm Finepix 2650 2.0megapixel digital camera.

The obvious answer is that the "orbs" are balls of energy (spirits, ghosts or whatever). I've noticed that the more people that are in the room when I take the picture, the more orbs exist in the photo. I've also noticed that the orbs hang around even after all the people have left.

The aperture concept sounds reasonable, but then wouldn't those orbs exist in relatively the same locations from picture-to-picture if the camera is not moved between shots?

I have also noticed that it usually takes the use of a flash in order to get these orbs to appear in my photos. What about dust particles or other particles? I know rain, snow, invisible gases and smoke also produce nice "ghostly" effects.

I would like to believe that some of these orbs are spirits, but I want to rule out as many technical causes as possible.

OK - people may think I'm crazy cuz I am a paranormal investigator, and would like to answer the "orb" question. It most likely is NOT a spirit. It could be lights bouncing off some subjects, it could be dust (which is most likely what it is)... I have not found a group that will actually say it is an "orb". We do not use "orbs" as evidence because 99.9% of the time they are mostly dust particles....

Can anyone offer a good explanation for those faint white spots ("orbs") that appear in photos?

At first, I thought that orbs were just reflections of droplets and dus particles in the air. But then, I noticed that orbs did not appear in pictures of the other areas of our house. They only appeared in pictures of our bathroom and of my cousin's unfinished house. I guess that they are manifestations of spirits. If they indeed are reflections from droplets and dust particles, then they should have shown in all the pictures.

Most paranormal groups will tell you they are nothing but dust spots... Just cuz they don't happen in other parts of the house doesn't mean they are not dust spots... Send it in to a paranormal group and have them analyze it?? I've not seen an "orb" or "dust spot" that a group will consider "paranormal" or a "spirit"...

Orbs are spirits floating around .... According to the ghost hunters. Hehehehe.

Not necessarily... I used to think so - but mostly they are just dust particles. "When in doubt - throw it out", or send it in to a paranormal group for analyzation... I do not really believe in orbs - just cool dust particles!

Now you've piqued my interest too.
Kirlian photography that I know essentially consisted of photographing an electro-static or corona discharge but this sounds to me like a polarizing device or similar.
Please elucidate!

Kirlian photography is actually filming the human aura which was by the way the name of Dr. Kirlian's book: THE HUMAN AURA. The aura is the colourful electrical field...very low level...around every living thing which can be seen with an appropriate filter. Apparently the colours in the aura indicate health or weakness in various parts of the living body or plant etc and the aura disappears at death.

skieur

Orbs
I have a similar camera for taking snaps, I have never seen anything like an orb in any of my photographs before. I use digital, High end cameras and the same sort of camera that you are using but I uploaded some images onto my Mac and found orbs all over the photographs I had taken. I did use a flash because the day was very dull, I did not move between shots and in some their are large orbs and then in others none appearing! I have seen an orb a few years ago with my own eyes but never thought I would capture them in my photographs.

Orbs are BS.
Auras are BS.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back