What causes this?

Goober

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings all

I have recently purchased a fujifilm Finepix F10. This is the first camera I have owned in a long time so I am quite green when it comes to this subject.

I took a few photos today and noticed a weird dot on one of them. I'm curious as to what could cause this. Is it just sun reflection or could it be a fault in the camera? I have attached an image with the spot in question circled.

Any help with this question is much appreciated.

Regards
Goober

PS - The girl is covered in fake blood as it was a low bugdet horror movie shoot. Thought I better mention that.:wink:

Image appears fine for me. I'll try another way.
blubvd3.jpg

It could be a regular lens flare from the sun that obviously was shining brightly, as can be seen from the reflections of the car ... and while I wonder how a lens flare from the sun directly could be found in that very spot, I would not be too surprised to hear it is a reflection flare, for the cars reflect the sun quite a bit!

Others - in the hope they can see you pics, too, and I see both of them - may be able to tell you more.

Oh, and by the way: Welcome to ThePhotoForum!!!!

Thanks for the welcome.:D

So far of all the photos that I have taken, there is only one more that something like that appears in so hopefully that means the camera isn't a dud.

Here's the other shot. I was testing out the flash, so at the time it was taken my back yard was in complete darkness. Not sure what the white thing is. Could be a bug blinded by the flash lol.

Cheers.

http://images5.fotopic.net/?iid=yiu3n3&outx=800&quality=70

Most reactions

New Topics

Back