What's new

what cf card and what protective filters are better?

gagey

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 22, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read somewhere that lexar are suppose to be really good. is that true?

Do you think If i buy the lexar professional udma 400x is that ok for the d700?

is the tiffen brand protective filters ok to use? the nikon ones are double the price but I dont want to buy a filter that wont work good witht he lenses I am buying because they are the ed glass and I dont want to take away from the quaility.
 
Yes the Lexar CF card would be a good choice (see page 390 of your D700 users manual).

What would the filters be protecting the lens from?

A lens hood not only provides a measure of impact protection, it also promotes better image contrast, and helps prevent unwanted lens flare.

Filters for protection usually decrease image contrast. Because a protection filter adds an additional layer of glass and an additional air gap, they also make lens flare more likely.

Protection filters are made of glass that is much thinner than the lens they are meant to protect. That means they are more easily broken and the sharp broken shards are often pushed back into the lens they were supposed to protect.

I don't use protective filters on any of my lenses, but I do always use their lens hoods. Besides the petal type lens hoods look so cool.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom