Gear for trip to Ireland? Packing list.

Final packing list what am I forgetting????

Xt2 - 4 batteries/4 sd cards
18-55
50-230
14mm
5 and 10 stop nd filters
polarizer
Xf10 - 3 batteries/2 sd cards
iPad Pro to upload to Flickr and cloud for storage
mini tripod
battery chargers
camera backpack for the plane and lowepro sling bag for the trip
rain cover for xt2

It's looking to be a wet week - umbrella, 2 raincoats, boots, extra shoes and socks, 2 caps, gloves, scarf

What else?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Does the iPad Pro have a SD card reader, or will you need a separate SD card reader?
Microfiber cleaning cloth.
Large zip lock bags.

How are you carrying the batteries? I use a battery wallet like this one. Each camera has a wallet with a different color trim, to help me keep things straight (green for EM1, blue for EM10)

The batteries look nothing alike so can't be confused. I have a system. There is a full battery zippered pocket in my bag and a spent battery pocket on the other side. If I don't have my bag, spare batteries go in my right jacket pocket, spent batteries in my left.

Good tape, for patches/repairs

Interesting suggestion. What exactly am I repairing with the tape?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
[QUOTE="SquarePeg, post: 3948413, member:
Interesting suggestion. What exactly am I repairing with the tape?
Hard to say Maybe your rain gear, eyeglasses, battery door on the camera, broken top deck or bottom deck on the camera, iPad case, etc. if you've ever needed to do a quick repair, and have had tape accessible you know how handy it can be to quickly repair a whole host of things. One dollar store roll of electricians tape can be used for many many things.

I’ve been to Ireland four times in the past two years, and every time I bring something very wide then end up leaving it in the bag the whole time. Every castle I shot sat in a place where I could fit the whole thing within my 35mm and 85mm (shooting on a full frame). The last time I went out there I only brought an 85mm. A very small handful of times, though, I did wish I had something wide and fast (like sitting inside a 500 year old cave-of-a-pub) but between 35mm and 85mm I was set. When needed, I also grabbed multiple shots and stitched them together later as panoramics

78534455-4F54-49DF-8E5F-E2964B7FE927.jpeg 7DEB1695-2B1F-441D-A716-DA8405DFD66E.jpeg

What I was glad to have was a hard drive. I felt a lot more comfortable dumping everything on the trusty lacie every night as opposed to filling up a mountain of cards.

Attachments

• 6C2CCB56-9306-41A4-897D-7BBF7E58A76A.jpeg
    879.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 8D4339C6-349F-4BC1-A93F-48576E26AA51.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 234
If you rent a car get a usb charger for the cigarette lighter outlet thingie. Way more convenient than all the adapters and dongles to use eu power in a hotel.

Don't forget to pack lots of aspirin! Very critical after a night spent celebrating those great shots you got!

Most reactions

Back