What cheap tripod would yous recommend?

if your setup isn't over 8-10lbs that manfrotto which has a fixed ball head is a great value

The cheapest tripod I could see myself ever buying would be a Vanguard. A friend bought one and she's real happy with it so, based on that, I might give one a go. But, overall, the reason you buy a tripod is for stability. Cheap, lightweight tripods tend to be unstable, thereby negating the very reason you're buying on in the first place...

Thanks all. Well I don't have $1000s to spend on a tripod. Like I'm not after something that's crap. Just a tripod thats affordable and study.. Thats still good. Thanks derrel and bossy.
You dont have to spenf $1,000.00's. But for around $300.00 to $350.00 you can get a setup that will last for life.

.......... But for around $300.00 to $350.00 you can get a setup that will last for life.

I always recommend that someone looking for the best value in a tripod to look into their future. Imagine money is no object, and they can buy any camera & lens they want. Given that scenario, what's the heaviest body and lens combo they can ever imagine using?

Then go out and buy a tripod and head for their dream combo. They'll have a tripod they'll wear out, lose or destroy beyond use before they need to upgrade.

I have one I bought for fifty bucks from a box store. it works. Before that, it was more complicated especially for scenery shots or landscape stuff. In the inner city stuff. I bring the car. I set the camera on the roof of the car. which is actually working pretty great because in the winter it is cold outside. I can put it out the moonroof onto the car roof. winter time, crank up the heat, im still nice and warm.. But in wide angle close shots, I had to crop out the bottoms which is a pita. Because the camera would catch part of the cars roof. Works for a tripod. I actually still do it and have a tripod I just don't use it. Now, for landscape, woody type shots. I ran into a issue with the car, mud, snow. Almost got it stuck made me nervous a few times. so I brought the truck or we have a awd suv for backup. Truck, works for a great tripod too. And four wheel drive helps I got lockers in it, wont be getting stuck too easy.. But no sunroof.. I can put the camera on the dash but, window glare kind of ruins the shot. so I have to actually get out of it. And its freakn cold outside lately like zero degrees or less. But yeah, put the camera on the roof, hood, dash, tailgate. gives you multiple levels with no adjusting. you just have to worry about the glare and watch the glare, or the wide angles you might get part of the vehicle in it.

New Targus Digital Black Label TG P60T 60" Professional Floor Standing Tripod 777779035143 | eBay
Not that i really use it obviously if you read the above post.
but you can find them for fifty bucks.
Looking through the other comments. Im wondering why or how they think this fifty dollar tripod will fail and my camera will fall over. it has a leveler in it. it has a hook to weight it down....Came with a screw driver to tighten up the legs if they get loose over time. The times ive used it, though obviously not a great tripod, it gave no inclination of falling down or falling over...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
.......... But for around $300.00 to $350.00 you can get a setup that will last for life.

I always recommend that someone looking for the best value in a tripod to look into their future. Imagine money is no object, and they can buy any camera & lens they want. Given that scenario, what's the heaviest body and lens combo they can ever imagine using?

Then go out and buy a tripod and head for their dream combo. They'll have a tripod they'll wear out, lose or destroy beyond use before they need to upgrade.

I would a agree however. Here is a tripod that supports 19lbs. NEW FEISOL Classic Tripod CT-3401 Rapid
Here is a decent ball head. Giottos MH-1300 Pro Series II Ballhead with MH-657 MH1300-657

Just slightly over $350.00, Supports 19 lbs. Sturdy, Stable and will support almost anything the normal shooter has.

Granted for me, I have a GT5542LS with a BH-55 on it. But I am using a 400mm f2.8 on it that comes in at 11lbs for the lens alone. I would venture to say that a good many of the photographers here including the OP aren't putting that big of glass on their setup.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back