What computer Programs?

I just have never taken the time to try and learn Iphoto I am sure I can though. Umm so that other link will allow you to do HDR then? I will download them both and figure out how to use them

I just have never taken the time to try and learn Iphoto I am sure I can though. Umm so that other link will allow you to do HDR then? I will download them both and figure out how to use them

I was going to say that I second the people who say to try gimp first. The biggest problem with gimp, for me, is that there aren't many books on how to use it. The help is all internet based, and I like to have a book in front of me that spells it out (Photoshop CS3 for Dummies... lol)

Is that worth paying $500+ for... absolutely not. If I would have had to pay for CS3 on my own, I would have never gotten it. As a gift, I LOVE IT!

BTW, does Gimp have the magnetic lasso and magic wand? I LOVE magnetic lasso! As a matter of fact, I'll suggest whatever you get has something similar to the lasso in it. It basically traces a box for you that almost automatically contours to whatever shape you're needing (it follows the contrast lines). If a program doesn't have something that accomplishes the same thing, then I personally wouldn't get it (I've been spoiled already).

ok so if I download gimp and the other thing in the link I should be set for awhile? If I can get HDR like images I will be happy.

ok so if I download gimp and the other thing in the link I should be set for awhile? If I can get HDR like images I will be happy.

It's FREE! So what are you waiting for? Get it and SEE for yourself whether it is what you want.

here is the thing, I have not a clue how to use anything like this. Like I said I am new I am just trying to fiuer out the programs I need to be able to do what I want to with a image so I can get a head start before I get my camera

here is the thing, I have not a clue how to use anything like this. Like I said I am new I am just trying to fiuer out the programs I need to be able to do what I want to with a image so I can get a head start before I get my camera

It doesn't work like that, Cody. You have to learn to walk before you can run. Baby steps. It's not a problem you can solve with one magic program that does all the thinking for you. You'll have to do that yourself. So I suggest you dig into iPhoto and become proficient with it before moving up to the next level of complexity.

If you, or I for that matter, would climb into a Formula 1 car we would not win a race. We wouldn't even finish, but instead we would probably crash, in the first lap. Hard!
Because you need to learn to drive high-end gear like that. It's not a Mini Cooper.

And having a camera – just about any (digital) camera you can shoot with and that can be connected to your computer – helps...

just got to looking at iphoto it looks just like the kodak program and thats what I use for my pictures now from my small digital. Are they kinda the same thing?

just got to looking at iphoto it looks just like the kodak program and thats what I use for my pictures now from my small digital. Are they kinda the same thing?

Why don't you find out? It's right in front of you!

Open iPhoto.
In the menubar, under 'iPhoto', open 'Preferences'. In the 'General' pane select 'Connecting camera opens: iPhoto'. Close the Preferences. Quit iPhoto. Connect a camera to your Mac, and switch it on. iPhoto should now pop up and start importing your exposures.

Assuming you run iPhoto '08 under OSX.

is there a way to just make a copy of a photo from kodak to iphoto cause I like to have all my pictures on kodak its just easy.

Iphoto is my basic editor & organizer of choice (I own photoshop, lightroom and aperture...) and I do more advanced stuff in Capture NX. I virtually never use Photoshop, since I simply don't find a need for it and the workflow with the other apps are much faster for me.

Iphoto is my basic editor & organizer of choice (I own photoshop, lightroom and aperture...) and I do more advanced stuff in Capture NX. I virtually never use Photoshop, since I simply don't find a need for it and the workflow with the other apps are much faster for me.

Sabbath, keep in mind that iPhoto may seize up after around 20,000 or 30,000 photos, after which you will not be able to get at the photos in the iPhoto library anymore... They will be gone good! So maintain an iron backup regime!

Sabbath, keep in mind that iPhoto may seize up after around 20,000 or 30,000 photos, after which you will not be able to get at the photos in the iPhoto library anymore... They will be gone good! So maintain an iron backup regime!

Really? And this would effect the actual files stored in your library folders as well?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back