what do people think about the digital slr cameras

goldjake1788

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was thinking of investing in one and i have been using a nikon 8008 for a long time and i really like it. However digital cameras are really cool becausei went to india and my dad took pictures with his expensive digital and got 500 perfect pictures. Also i sell TMAX 400 film for only 3 dollars and 1.75 shipping for 5 rolls of film. Heres my website which is under contructionhttp://www.pride.hofstra.edu/~jgoldb1/EBAY/WEB.HTM ok have a good day

if you can afford a digital SLR, i would say go for it. cannon and nikon both make great models, i prefer Nikon. the D100 is a pretty nice camera and isnt as expensive as some. The new D70 is less expensive and is also something to look into.

Definitly a good idea. I have one and I love it, just make sure you do your research and get one you're really going tyo love.

i dont think your dad got 500 perfect pictures just for having a digital camera :lol: .. perhaps he's just a good photographer :wink:

anywho, i have both digital and film ... Canon is a good brand, but im sure they all have a downside ... depending on what u want to photograph

my digital camera (Olympus E20 *5MP* SLR) for example is slanted towards portraits .. the iso starts at 80 and maxes out at 320 ... the shutter speeds go very high, flash syncs up to 1/400 or so ... images are crystal clear ... its a bit heavy, yet sturdy ... i love the colors it gives

Yeah, what they said. I too stick with NIKON. Only because that's all I have ever owned (and they have great glass). I shoot with a D1. The 17-35 lens is super sharp. The camera "shoots" just like a film camera. In continious mode (and the right lightining) it fires off at well... I forget, but it's fast. Image quality is outstanding. In my opinion you get what you pay for.

I have to say that I tried a coolpix, and most digi point and shoot are fine for most situations. Long story short: I couldn't hang. For me going digi would be all or nothing. The D70 is the wave of the future.

Anyone who wants to buy my D1 let me know. (joking of course).

I've raved about my Canon 300D more than enough for anyone to know that I am in LOVE with this camera. :-D Of course I wish I could have the super-duper high end model, but for under a grand, jeezus you just can't go wrong! :D :D :D :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back