What Do VFF's Do When It's Really Hot On A Sunday Afternoon

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
They embrace the heat, they play in it, they set fire to a vacant house, put it out and set fire to it again. LOL No turnouts for me today, I stayed in the shade upwind of the smoke and made forays out to take a few pics here and there, and watch over the newbies. One young gun, didn't listen to me about the dangers of the heat, thought it was cool to walk around suited up and not take advantage of breaks to cool down. We picked him up off the ground about 30 mins later. He spent the rest of training in rescue truck with an IV and fluids to cool down being monitored by the medics.

Just starting up
Controlled Burn06242018_445.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

We have two stations in the district, two of the pumpers from Station 1.
Controlled Burn06242018_417.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Controlled Burn06242018_419.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

What it looks like from the back of the Deluge Gun. This is how I like to fight a fire, bring the RPM's up and this will drain the thousand gallon tank in less than 4 mins. Hook it to a hydrant and use a secondary engine, and we can drain the water lines in the district LOL
Controlled Burn06242018_473.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Time for the guys to exit rear
Controlled Burn06242018_487.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

And down comes the roof
Controlled Burn06242018_499.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Never lost a foundation eh. :winky:

Actually in this case the man that owns the house will use an excavator to dig a hole and bury the remainder. They plan on building a new shop there to build and restore antique autos.

Very good pictures !

Most reactions

Back