What do you do with all your photos??

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a ton that I really like, and have printed..... I don't think there's enough wall space... what do you do with them?? I only print the 'special' ones, but still - :confused:

rlcphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I have thousands of photos a lot in albums,,which is many and have been discing them lately

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh well i sell all mine and make boat loads of money by posting them on the internet and I get great deals from people in nigeria who actually i've been helping out with the prince's money because as you know, you get a HUGE cut of that and it's just all so fabulous and full of rainbows and unicorns becuase no i don't leave all my photos on my hard drive, rarely print and really don't do much of anythign with them....

OH NO!!

Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!!!

Dagwood56

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, since my living room has a lighthouse theme , all of my lighthouse photos are framed on the walls. My walls of my hallway are filled with other photos I've taken over the years. I have several large albums, a large plastic 3 drawer sterilite storage unit -each drawer filled with photos, two large files boxes filled with negatives, a large boot box filled with old slides, and a large CD storage box filled with CD's holding all my digital photos and work. I never keep the really bad stuff, and the stuff I like, but have problems with, i save to turn into photo art. When I get the money, I'm considering one or two...three maybe, of those new "photo books" they offer now:D

alarionov

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
Oh well i sell all mine and make boat loads of money by posting them on the internet and I get great deals from people in nigeria who actually i've been helping out with the prince's money because as you know, you get a HUGE cut of that and it's just all so fabulous and full of rainbows and unicorns becuase no i don't leave all my photos on my hard drive, rarely print and really don't do much of anythign with them....

OH NO!!

Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!!!

Ha Ha :lol:

MikeBcos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I print the best and am busy filling one wall of my living room. Every year we make up a photo book showing what we did that year, that uses about 100 of them. Mainly though, my photos are stored on a file server in the corner of my living room with a permanent random slide show of all my images being displayed on a large lcd monitor.

OP
ottor

ottor

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I print the best and am busy filling one wall of my living room. Every year we make up a photo book showing what we did that year, that uses about 100 of them. Mainly though, my photos are stored on a file server in the corner of my living room with a permanent random slide show of all my images being displayed on a large lcd monitor.

Now.... I LIKE that idea... Can display any/all and not worry about where to put them...

thanks !!!

MikeBcos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Now.... I LIKE that idea... Can display any/all and not worry about where to put them...

thanks !!!

This is the screensaver I use to do it Google Photos Screensaver way better than both the XP and Vista screensavers. You don't need much of a computer to do it either, I use a 4 year old Dell and it runs for a couple of weeks between restarts.

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I print quite a few of mine to hang. After awhile I get tired of looking at the same old photos so I'll print new ones and hang in their place.

sauce839

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I bought an external hard drive for my lap top. When I transfer photos from my camera to my laptop, they are saved in a dated folder... which I then add the discription. Every few months or so, I hook up the external harddrive and transfer everything over. The ones that I like I copy to a second folder which is on my laptop, and also backed up on the external harddrive. This way, I can keep most of my photos (except for the garbage ones that are blurry/over/underexposed)... without loading up my laptop with photos.

You should be able to buy a 200gb harddrive for ~$100. Worth the investment IMO

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
You should be able to buy a 200gb harddrive for ~$100. Worth the investment IMO

eek...dont overpay (unless you got a RAID array or network enabled storage)

my 750gb external was 119USD

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
You can get a 1TB Western Digital from Walmart for $115.

Maxtor 500gb for $90.

I'm starting to wonder why I've been putting off getting the External drive for my backups. They really are pretty cheap these days.

hossmaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
You can get a 1TB Western Digital from Walmart for $115.

Maxtor 500gb for $90.

I'm starting to wonder why I've been putting off getting the External drive for my backups. They really are pretty cheap these days.

Only problem with those is they fail. I just had a 250g WD USB/Firewire drive fail and now is trash. If you have the skill and time, build yourself a small server/workstation with multiple drives to store everything. But always write to CD/DVD for long term storage and the occasional hard drive failure.

Most reactions