What do you edit with?

I see many people are using Capture One. Is it that good? In what respect is it different to PS?

I see many people are using Capture One. Is it that good? In what respect is it different to PS?

It's more like LightRoom 2 or Aperture 2, but hella faster and a little more control. And for some reason it seems to know just how to add the perfect set of adjustments automatically - so there's a LOT less tweaking. It's also THEE one to use for tethered shooting if you're doing that.

If I had a CaptureOne processing engine in my camera(s) I would never shoot RAW again. ;)

It seems like good software but I can never get a stable version. Over the years I've tried it 3 or 4 times and it always exits out of memory after a few edits.

It's different for you?

Strange! I never had a single crash so far. And of the RAW converters I tried it was the one which had the least memory issues. Started using it since 2 years ago.

Also a sexy feature is, that it works with MacOS, Windows and Linux.

Version 5 is on the way now, with major improvements, cannot wait to get it :)

Hmmm, well, when Ver5 comes out maybe I'll try it again...

hmm I appear to be the only Elements user so far!
Well I don't mind ;) still got enough to learn about using elements - so not ready for all that power - and besides its around the same cost as a wide angle lens - so provided I shoot in RAW I can always come back later and edit any great landscape shots I get ;)
*note no this does not mean that I have gone for the landscape lens - still on the fence about choosing from that thread ;)*

Lightroom & Gimp. I had the 30 trial for Paint Shop Pro X2 (the free trial just ran out a week or two ago), I'll probably buy that pretty soon. Photoshop is a little outside of my budget right now and Paint Shop is "good enough" for what I'm going to be using it for.

I had Elements on my other computer, but it's dead now and I can't find the CD.

photoshop cs3 advanced and whenever cs4 comes out ima get that

I edit with everything I can get my grubby little fingers on.

they are:
MS Photodraw (All cloning and cropping)
Adobe Illustrator (Home)
Adobe Photoshop CS3 (Work)
Photomatix 2.4.1

GIMP (I can't be the only GIMP user on here!)
Photomatix for HDR/tonemapping

Nope.

I use Lightroom 2 for my basic editing and storing/organizing, and if I need to get out the big (editing) guns, I go with the nifty "edit in GIMP" command. Those two are all the editing horsepower I could possibly want, although I don't so a ton of post-processing. I love Lightroom too much for words- the black and white conversion is brilliant.

I use Photoshop CS3 with these plugins:

Genuine Fractals Print Pro 5.0
Alien Skin Exposure 2.0
Alien Skin Image Doctor
Alien Skin Snap Art (rarely used)
Alien Skin Xenofex 2.0
Alien Skin Blowup (though I've found that Genuine Fractals can whip out some really clear enlargements)

I also use Auto FX DreamSuite for extra film effects and Watermark Factory 2 for watermarking things (obviously) for my webste.

Most reactions

Back