What do you guys think of these two shots?

janineh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just starting off again with babies etc and I tried to design some advertising posters. Not sure if its too Snoopy comic looking?? Opinions please!

Attachments

• $image-3049419108.jpg
    $image-3049419108.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 203
  • $image-4097120045.jpg
    $image-4097120045.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 185
The photographs themselves are beautiful! I think a more subtle type treatment would match the sophistication of the shots better. Maybe just a light white overlay with the type on top of that?

Also- make your contact info stand out a little more if you can. That's the most important part!

Really though, the photographs will speak for themselves. Gorgeous.

i like them, they look great:)

I like 1, though it seems slightly tilted clockwise. 2 seems overexposed, especially in comparison to 1.

I love the pictures. I personally love the little tub she is sitting in in the first pic. I'd love to pick one of those up to shoot my little on in.

The lighting looks good, but the DoF looks fake. Not sure if it's jpeg artifacting or what.

Also, your website loads reeeeeeeeeeeally slow.

I had no problem with your website, it loaded up pretty quick but on the pictures I really like the first one.

o hey tyler said:
The lighting looks good, but the DoF looks fake. Not sure if it's jpeg artifacting or what.

Also, your website loads reeeeeeeeeeeally slow.

Yeah I dont really know myself what happened with the dof. Used a 50mm lens at 2.0... Nothing done with dof during editing, just skin, eyes and temp....

janineh said:
Yeah I dont really know myself what happened with the dof. Used a 50mm lens at 2.0... Nothing done with dof during editing, just skin, eyes and temp....

Was it a canon 50/1.8?

Cutie...most loveable photographs....I must congratulate u. tfs.

First let me say that you are much prettier than the babies you like to shoot :)

But those two shots are wonderful and so are your posters. To know if the contact info really is too small I would need to know what an australian poster's size is. But, to be honest, the size it is on my monitor is not to small. Even with my bad eyes I read it just fine. Not to mention that understating things can sometimes make them more prominent.

Now... I know you didn't ask for comments about your website but I wanted to know where you were located so I went and checked it out. And I HATE it. It may be wonderful but I didn't get past the first page because of the facebook (fesse de bouq as we call it here) logo staring me straight in the eyes. I absolutely hate Facebook and I'm not the only one around...

c.cloudwalker said:
I absolutely hate Facebook and I'm not the only one around...

You are correct, you are not the only one who hates Facebook. Fortunately, you are in a small minority of people who don't use it as a marketing tool.

c.cloudwalker said:
First let me say that you are much prettier than the babies you like to shoot :)

But those two shots are wonderful and so are your posters. To know if the contact info really is too small I would need to know what an australian poster's size is. But, to be honest, the size it is on my monitor is not to small. Even with my bad eyes I read it just fine. Not to mention that understating things can sometimes make them more prominent.

Now... I know you didn't ask for comments about your website but I wanted to know where you were located so I went and checked it out. And I HATE it. It may be wonderful but I didn't get past the first page because of the facebook (fesse de bouq as we call it here) logo staring me straight in the eyes. I absolutely hate Facebook and I'm not the only one around...

Thanks for the comment. I will change the front pic to my poster soon. I am in Melbourne Australia btw...

Most reactions

Back