What's new

What do you guys think? Stacking Exposures

AustinWheelerPhoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Connecticut
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I used a image averaging script for photoshop to stack multiple exposures to equal a very long exposure. Personally I like the blown out sky. What do you guys think?

This was done with a kit lens.

6920140062_95a57dc0e1_b.jpg
 
i feel a dreamy comfort...yes in dreams some parts are over exposed and so i don't mind ;)
 
Aside from the slightly tilted horizon I like it. How many images did you use?
The rock formations and composition are nice. You could have even cropped out some of the sky since it lacks much interest.
 
Aside from the slightly tilted horizon I like it. How many images did you use?
The rock formations and composition are nice. You could have even cropped out some of the sky since it lacks much interest.

Yeah, I'm not very great with lining up my horizon. I really need to figure out a trick to get it right. I think I used around 8 images, I'm not certain. Maybe less, maybe more.
 
So you did HDR :lol:

Very nice shot, a bit blurry and needs to be corrected a bit in terms of the tilt.. but very nice otherwise.
 
I love the colors and the lighting.I dont know much about landscape photography but it seems a little blurry, still nice though.
 
So you did HDR :lol:

Very nice shot, a bit blurry and needs to be corrected a bit in terms of the tilt.. but very nice otherwise.

Just an FYI but stacking exposures and HDR are not the same thing.

HDR is stacking exposures which were metered differently (+3stops, +2stops, +1stops, 0stops, -1stops, -2stops) in order to bring more detail into the contrast range of the human eye. Your combining details from each photo to create one, highly detailed shot. These shots are often taken in rapidly to avoid blurriness after blending.

On the other hand, in the case of what Austin did, multiple similar exposures taken some time apart can be stacked to create a time-lapse appearance. This is preferred as it reduces noise, which can be an issue with long exposures. Essentially if you took 6 ten second exposures back to back, and then blended them, you'd have the equivalent of a 60 second exposure with the noise of a 10 second exposure.

Its a small difference, but they are two completely different types of photography.
 
To be honest it's blown out and muddy in the darks. Not much detail and blurry. Nice tones though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom