What do you reckon???

JonnyD70s said:
Wow that's a good pic. I love the use of Depth Of Field. What lense were you using for this close up?

Love it :lovey:

Thanks
This is with a 70-200 f2.8.
One day before it fried itself, on the third day of my 4 week holiday abroad.:grumpy: :madass:

Ooooo, me likee. Well done, and I look forward to the 'more to follow'.

It fried itself!?? How is that possible?! Bad luck, but at least you got this great shot!

I'm thinking of getting a 70-200 eventually, if not a 70-300 but i'm guessing that weight becomes a problem at that point?

Once again, nice pic :thumbup:

nice shot, i like how the eye is in focus and very detailed... another shot with more DOF like ray is suggesting would be nice too... :thumbup:

JonnyD70s said:
It fried itself!?? How is that possible?! Bad luck, but at least you got this great shot!

I'm thinking of getting a 70-200 eventually, if not a 70-300 but i'm guessing that weight becomes a problem at that point?

Once again, nice pic :thumbup:

The 70-200 f2.8 is a great lens but very heavy. I use to have a 70-300 is lens and found it very good and not so heavy, I sometimes miss it:er:

My 70-200 made a fizzing noise on 1 shot then stopped metering altogether, focuses nicely but no click :grumpy: :grumpy:

Hoppy said:
Thanks for the tip. I'm starting to get into the bird fotoing bit and was not too sure what f stop to use.
I'll try smaller next time.:)

the thing I do if I have time, and shoot with a good shutter speed first, then if I have more chances, slow the shutter down a notch, and give it a tighter f stop.. then, if I have tonns of time, i start reducing the iso down 200 at a time.

A IS or VR lens is great for low lighting, as it helps with long focal lengths at low shutter speeds.

You sure are on the right track!

Most reactions

Back