What do you think of the Nikon F3?

Rolleistef

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I'd like to buy a Nikon F3 HP :D , but I'd like to have your point of view about this camera. I know it's written everywhere that it's fantastic, undestrutible, very realyable and all, but what do YOU think?
Thanks for your answers. :cyclops:

give it some time bro. i think KSMATTFISH has one, he should be along shortly...if i had some extra cash, this would be the camera i would get. i love this one.

md

I just bought one. I kept my F2A and still occasionally use it. However, the F3HP, in my opinion, is the best Nikon 35mm camera ever built by Nikon. By todays standards it's a tad bit heavy but I like heavy cameras. I bought mine on eBay and I don't think it had more than 10 rolls through it. To give you idea how good the camera really is, Nikon still makes it today!! I can't say enough good things about it. The finder (meter) is more accurate than the F2AS. AF is and was never that important to me. Plus, there are a ton of AI and AIS lenses available on eBay. If you're looking for a manual camera, you won't go wrong with the F3HP.

ok, thanks a lot
I like heavy cameras too. I've got a Rolleiflex 3.5T (wow! I'm still as astonished than when I got it each time I look at it (her? nearly as a girlfriend!!)) What's nice is that with heavy cameras you can make long exposures (w/ my Rollei, my record is 1/15s whithout pod!!)
I didn't know that it was still produced! I thought that it was a mistake when I read it in a paper!
I'll try to find one on ebay, it sounds really nice!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rolleistef said:
it's written everywhere that it's fantastic, undestrutible, very realyable and all, but what do YOU think?

That is exactly what I think too. I don't have one, but for a long time I lusted for one. After much research and thought I ended up deciding that the Nikon FM2N would better suit my purposes. The FM2N has a higher flash synch, and will operate completely except for the meter without batteries. The F3 will function at some settings without power, but not all. I'd still love to have one, but the FM2N won out with the mentioned features, and it's a lot cheaper.

For the price of a nice F3 I could get another Rolleiflex! :D

i like auto focus, do the F3 isnt for me........ but i love my old school F2

Most reactions

Back