What's new

What do you think of this deal?

Light Artisan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
16
Location
Minnesota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My D300s body for a Nikon 80-200 f/2.8D (2 ring) plus $325 cash.

I want the lens and sadly don't use the D300s since I got the D7000... just not sure if it's a good deal or not.
 
I think it depends on the condition of the lens. I got a 80-200/2.8D 2-ring in what I would call BGN condition for $575 and wouldnt ask for more. If that was the case of the lens, I wouldnt do it. You can get the AF-S version for not too much more than the AF-D. I would skip the cash and just go for the AF-S 80-200 or an older 70-200/2.8 VRI.

Mark
 
Looking at eBay they are barely going for $800... (AF-D), so that would be like selling the D300s for $1125 tops, $1200 seems more reasonable to me.

Condition is supposedly like new, with both caps, case, etc... My end goal is the 70-200 VR, the D300s body isn't selling right now because everyone thinks the D7000 replaced it.

I hate technology :lol:
 
I wouldn't do it, I'd try to get an 80-200 AF-S instead.
 
You up for a trade? :)
 
Huh... after taking some advice here I posted an ad on Craigslist just in case... sure enough, someone already responded who is interested in a trade. The lens has some rub marks on the body but the glass and mechanics are supposed to be perfect.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom