What do you think?

What are your thoughts on it?
What do you like and not like about it?
What would you do different?
What do you think it conveys to the viewer?

Well,
I firstly would of liked to reduce the ISO to reduce the noise to make the pic sharper.
I love how the photo has those glimmer of lights and that small trail leading to the lights.
I also Think it gets the viewer into a dreamy place , kind of like heaven with that trail.
But this was a quick shot that I took with minimal time.
Thanks for your feedback, this has made me think differently about this photo!

Joshua, I is nice and moody. I like that. The points of light seem to want to tell us some sort of story. Using my imagination here and it's fun.

Do some reading on the rule of thirds. It's a soft rule and doesn't need to be adhered to but it would have helped this shot. A simple crop off the left and bottom or left and top side would help to add composition to it.

Joshua, thanks for responding.
It's nice to hear what people think of their own image, when asking others how they feel about it.

If I don't care for it, doesn't make it wrong, or necessarily bad, because someone else may indeed enjoy it.
There just isn't enough there for me to ponder, really. It registers as exactly what it is, some lights at night.
The composition isn't compelling, and there is really nothing unusual about it to really hold my interest.

It falls too far from the border of abstraction, and remains representational.
But, you know, that's just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

Thankyou so much!
This was one of my very first shots with a dslr, I only had like 1 second to take it.
I really love your criticism, I believe in telling stories so here are 2 shots that I believe I have told a story:
the first one is my reflection in
My camera lens, the story here is about: multiple personalities, all of these are me, but yet different, representing my personality
The moon is about warmth, I love how the clouds are just cuddling the moon, but others view it and say it looks like the moon of a vampire movie!

Digital Photography Tips and Tutorials for Composition

There is some good reading for you. You are on a long journey of learning photography, composition, and learning visual language needed for story telling!

I love what you are seeing in your images. Even if I don't. I mean, I see what you see after explaining it, so all is not lost. :)

Communicating conceptual stories via art isnt easy, but starting out at your age is great!
There are books written on the subject, so it's hard to pass on info here in more than bits and pieces.

You can use so many elements to try to convey meaning or intent. Let's take warmth, for instance. Easy concept, and you may already know it, but using warm colors like red yellow orange brown help put that feeling forward. Your moon shot is very white. Perhaps adding a littleyellow tint to it would help add a warm feeling. Don't over do it, but just hint at it.

But no matter how hard you try, some people will never get the message. Just ask (member) Unpopular. Read some of his threads and you will see what I mean. :)

Keep clickin' and postin'!

I like your style. I see that you are just getting into photography....but I like your attention to unusual and interesting shapes and lighting. I would advise listening the the Jeweler. Keep posting...looks good so far.

Thanks guys for your posts,I already k ow all the composition rules, but just need to practice them!
Thanks!:)

...I believe in telling stories so here are 2 shots that I believe I have told a story:
the first one is my reflection in
My camera lens, the story here is about: multiple personalities, all of these are me, but yet different, representing my personality
The moon is about warmth, I love how the clouds are just cuddling the moon, but others view it and say it looks like the moon of a vampire movie!

I like your description.

#1: OOF, but... The moodiness is nice. One of my favourite photos is quite similar.
#2: This is the best. It's cool and "spacey," like something from a space movie. Nice color and contrasting textures! I wish it was a bit more in focus. Interesting photo.
#3: Could be sharper. I like the colors and, as you say, the sense of warmth. Repeat this one often and see where it takes you. Yes, it's a cliche of vampire movies, but that's because it's an emotionally-charged symbol full of dramatic effect.

Most reactions

Back