What's new

what do you think?

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
8,708
Reaction score
1,312
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
for being shot through a screen and window..


$Copy - DSC_1970_1507.webp
 
It looks like it was shot through a window, for sure. I mean, I can tell it's shot through a window. Often, I like to be able to literally SEE some reflections on the window surface, which hopefully add to the shot. I've shot through windows a time or two; sometimes in post-processing, an adjustment or two here or there can make the window surface and its reflections suddenly become MUCH more, or less, visible. Usually it's the curves, but sometimes it can be something like dropping the blacks down, deeper, which will all of a sudden, just BOOM! makes the lighter, reflected areas suddenly MUCH more-visble.

It depends on what you want to achieve; sometimes the idea that you are seeing through a window adds to the shot. Something makes me think this shot is one where the window-peeping effect can be increased, and it will look better. I'm not overly fond of this picture, but it's not bad either, and it makes me think, "WHat the heck kind of place is this? Old movie theatre chairs on a flat floor? Looks like maybe a Bayou-country meeting house or something. I dunno. Huh. A bit different."
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
It looks like it was shot through a window, for sure. I mean, I can tell it's shot through a window. Often, I like to be able to literally SEE some reflections on the window surface, which hopefully add to the shot. I've shot through windows a time or two; sometimes in post-processing, an adjustment or two here or there can make the window surface and its reflections suddenly become MUCH more, or less, visible. Usually it's the curves, but sometimes it can be something like dropping the blacks down, deeper, which will all of a sudden, just BOOM! makes the lighter, reflected areas suddenly MUCH more-visble.

It depends on what you want to achieve; sometimes the idea that you are seeing through a window adds to the shot. Something makes me think this shot is one where the window-peeping effect can be increased, and it will look better. I'm not overly fond of this picture, but it's not bad either, and it makes me think, "WHat the heck kind of place is this? Old movie theatre chairs on a flat floor? Looks like maybe a Bayou-country meeting house or something. I dunno. Huh. A bit different."
you might find this one entertaining. Not substantial but entertaining. it is a lit church cross reflecting off a window onto the top of a trailer. Not amazing but when I noticed it I was kind of scratching my head thinking it was really odd.

$DSC_1974_1508.webp
 
Agreed...it's actually mildly entertaining. For one thing, it's not the same old chit that everybody else has shot to death. So, it does have that, and as you know, that's saying something.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
Agreed...it's actually mildly entertaining. For one thing, it's not the same old chit that everybody else has shot to death. So, it does have that, and as you know, that's saying something.
$DSC_1949_1509.webp


can you answer this? look at the chainlink fence reflection. I didn't shoot through a fence. I get the sun behind part, water reflection. i get the chain link fence relection. Except for that left side.. Some of that reflection looks like it is the wrong direction.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom