What does everyone do for a living?

Manimillion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.focalspeed.com
I'm wondering what do you people do for a living?

Is photography just a hobby or a part of your career?

As for me, I consider myself young (I'm 21), I currently own a business with my brother which retails and manufactures performance parts for cars, and also a university student (taking law) looking forward to law school. Photography is just a hobby for me, it just calms me down.

Satellite Uplink Technician is my main job. I also do some freelance videography, video editting and rarely photography. My main hobby is aircraft for which I run a site devoted to the subject and Photography comes in a close second though often the two are combined.

Aaaah! Scott!!!! Change back your avatar! That one scares me! I want the NICE FRIENDLY looking Scotty back!

core_17 said:
Aaaah! Scott!!!! Change back your avatar! That one scares me! I want the NICE FRIENDLY looking Scotty back!

Yes, but apart from critiqueing avatars what do you do for a living? :lol:

I've had a couple of careers and lot's of jobs in between. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do when I grow up.

(Now I know where you get all that electrical tape PG. I'm just glad you haven't thought of doing things with hydraulics. Oh, bugger! Where's that edit button.....)

Well...I do some...tiny...infact I dont...was gonna say a bit of freelance work but ive only ever been paid a £10 and a bunch of c.d.s by someone.

I at the moment am a Sales Advisor at Marks and Spencers...but this week my contract ends! w0000t!

mrsid99 said:
core_17 said:

Yes, but apart from critiqueing avatars what do you do for a living? :lol:

Oh yeah...well, the full time job...I am a bookkeeper for my stepdad's construction company. The fulltime job that is supposed to be a PARTtime job, but my friggen boss is giving me waaaay to many hours (when I WAS supposed to be fulltime there, she didn't give me enough hours to pay my rent...go figure)...anyway...the second fulltime job is at Walgreens. The third job, one day a week I facilitate a Thursday night Childrens group at a domestic violence shelter. THAT job I would do even if I wasn't paid! :) (but don't tell them that!)

I am a life insurance underwriter and also own a photography business. I go to college too, but I have to pay for that so I don't know if that counts :D

A wide range of stuff going on in here!

I work for the ambulance service as a Dispatcher (an EMD in the US). It pays the rent and I don't dread going to work which is good, but this year I'm hoping to get on a paramedic course.

I'm a student most of the time. But I do have two jobs... I'm a student tech at a computer help desk and I'm also a Unis System Admin for another department on campus...

Zach :D

I'm a professional musician (violinist) for the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra.

I'm a registered pig wrestler. Each Thursday we set pigs free in a muddy field and I try to pin them to the ground. It doesn't pay well (I live in a size 8 shoe) but it's darn tootin' rootnin' fun! YeeHaw!
Now and again we have celebrities come and watch. We hold private, behind closed doors, sessions for them. That is the real laugh. We get through at least 18 bottles of baby oil on these nights.
I think the biggest celebrity we've had was Little Miss Beauty '89 the other week. She brought her replica sceptre and everything!

Most reactions

Back