What does everyone use for client gallery viewing?

J.Bat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbatdesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What does everyone use for client gallery viewing?

I need one that you can put passwords with. Any ideas?

I think most people use SmugMug and you can password protect your galleries if you choose to.

I use Photocart. Clients can view their galleries and order photos, all without sending them off of my web site.

smug mug.. because i can password protect them easily, AND if you have a pro account (which I do, smugmug does all the selling work for you) my clients go to their page, i give them the password.. they go to the page, pick which pictures they want, order them online with their credit card, smugmug sends me a print out of the order, ships the pictures right to my clients house, and sends me my profit of the purchase, its a beautiful system, and their print quality it GREAT

Is this for sales or only sharing?

If sales look into orderpicture.com . You have to put up a 29.95 deposit against commissions (flat 12% of the net) for the site to be public.

I'm giving them a try, among other reasons, because the S&H on a 5X7 is only $2.99.

I've been looking into zenfolio.com

Does anyone have experience with them, and are there any pros/cons to them versus smugmug. Its the same sort of deal; hosting, viewing, password, and printing.

I would have such a problem sending a customer to something called "smugmug". Too bad, too, because the service Chris describes is pretty cool.

I use Photocart as well, it is right on my own site you can see it in the link in my sig.

I would have such a problem sending a customer to something called "smugmug". Too bad, too, because the service Chris describes is pretty cool.

the thing about smug mug is, its totally customizable.. doesnt say anything about smugmug.. when i create a gallery for a customer, i actually create a link off of my domain and forward it (masked) so the client is actually going to "clientname".chrisburkephotography.com and then they see their gallery... with nothing about "smugmug" on it, other than their recipt when they receive it.

the thing about smug mug is, its totally customizable.. doesnt say anything about smugmug.. when i create a gallery for a customer, i actually create a link off of my domain and forward it (masked) so the client is actually going to "clientname".chrisburkephotography.com and then they see their gallery... with nothing about "smugmug" on it, other than their recipt when they receive it.

Oh ok, that helps. I'm poking around with Zenfolio right now. I may hit smugmug next. Very cool business model. This may well make my going out and taking pics at the local soccer game and selling them to soccermoms a viable business. :)

Oh ok, that helps. I'm poking around with Zenfolio right now. I may hit smugmug next. Very cool business model. This may well make my going out and taking pics at the local soccer game and selling them to soccermoms a viable business. :)

with smugmug they have their default price, which is the ammount they get from the sale of an image (i think the standard 4x6 is like .19 cents) then you set your price.. so if it was like 2 bucks... they take their 19 cents, plus i think 8% of your mark up.. let me double check...hmm i couldnt find it.. ut i think thats right... so for example, if i charged $3 for a metallic 4x6 i profit 1.99 from that sale.... if you get some good shots of the soccer games, it could actually be pretty profitable.

Chris, how are you customizing your smugmug to run flash like that? As far as i know.. the only flash you can run is your banner and a slide show..

Most reactions

Back