What does your name mean?

Alexandra said:
Mine is Greek and means "protector of mankind" :hail:
oh, and has a 4/5 rating :mrgreen:

Does that mean you can only protect 4/5 of mankind? Who will protect the other 20%? :stun:

Mine is William and according to the site Linda provided http://www.behindthename.com/ it means:

From the Germanic name Wilhelm, which was composed of the elements wil "will, desire" and helm "helmet, protection". The name was introduced to Britain by the Normans. It has belonged to several rulers of England, Prussia, and Germany, including William the Conqueror, the first Norman king of England. Another famous bearer was William Tell, a legendary 14th-century hero from Switzerland. In the literary world it has been borne by dramatist William Shakespeare and poet William Blake, as well as contemporary authors William Faulkner and William S. Burroughs.

ZaphodB said:
Don't be silly... the Bible was sponsored by EasyCar. Hence that reference to Stelios. What? no-one spotted that? Try reading it again :D

i had heard honda did it..

they all left in one accord......:lmao:

BRITTANY Gender: Feminine
Usage: English
Pronounced: BRIT-nee [key] From the name of the region in the northwest of France, called in French Bretagne. It was named for the Briton settlers who fled to France after the Anglo-Saxon invasion of England.

Named after settlers... lovely. Also.. Brittany is pronounded BRIT-ten-ee, and Britney is pronounced BRIT-nee ;)

But just to weigh out the boriness of this name, my middle name means "star" in Persian so.. I will forgive my parents :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back