What draws your eye?

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P1040520sm.jpg

Wow...I'm not sure. At first, it seems to be the fly (i guess because we read from top down), but then the rusty metal chain thing grabs my attention.

Then if I stare at it for a while, eye goes from one to the other.

I guess that would mean balance between the two? I dunno.

Fun shot though.

Fly.

Ron. Have you ever looked at or considered Flickr? Photobucket's compression is killer and can really hurt otherwise good photos. If you get a chance, start a free account and test some photos out.

I know lately I must sound like a Flickr employee, but I hate seeing photos suffer from compression issues when it's the hosts's fault.

I don't believe my photos lose any quality...I have my own website with 10 gigs or so...considering I resize to 1024x768, I should be able to hold quite a few photos...

My eye was attracted to the fly then to the branch thing hanging down and then to my favorite...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtjSHm3ZH0"]the metal[/ame]...

I don't believe my photos lose any quality...I have my own website with 10 gigs or so...considering I resize to 1024x768, I should be able to hold quite a few photos...

My eye was attracted to the fly then to the branch thing hanging down and then to my favorite...the metal...

Generally using your own storage from a web service provider shouldn't interfere at all, but hosting services like photo bucket compress the photos when they're uploaded to save space, which just eats at the quality.

Yeah, I hear that man...which photo hosting service is run by Google? They should have enough HDD space to not have to reduce quality for storage capacity purposes, they own the world, right?

The shadow. Kinda looks like a T-rex.

My eye is attracted to the fact that the vertical tree cracks are not vertical. That could be easily fixed with software. Really now days I consider it inexcusable to not have verticals - vertical. It is easy and like I said no excuse now days.

My eye is attracted to the fact that the vertical tree cracks are not vertical. That could be easily fixed with software. Really now days I consider it inexcusable to not have verticals - vertical. It is easy and like I said no excuse now days.

Laf, it is usually me suggesting someone plumb the verticals. The post IS vertical, look@ the right edge relative to the edge of the frame. The grain of the post is deceiving you.

Wow...I'm not sure. At first, it seems to be the fly (i guess because we read from top down), but then the rusty metal chain thing grabs my attention.

This was my exact thoughts.

This was my exact thoughts.

This was my reaction as well - two subjects one photo. I was about to trash it & then wondered how others would view it.

Scrap bin?

Interesting that the fly was first for most people. For me, it was the knot of metal (barbed wire or something?), followed very closely by the fly. I do agree, however, that once both were realized, I go back and forth between them.

I would guess that the fly being a little out-of-focus and so close to the edge of the frame is what makes it not the immediate focal point for me.

Most reactions

Back