What external flash is this?

colino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Hey sorry for having to put a link to the whole video. But, if you skip it about 3:50 then watch the last few seconds till the video ends, I was wondering what kinda of external flash is being used in the last clip (which is shown from two different angles). Look out for it on the ground in the second video clip. I didn't know slave flashes could repeat themselves that fast. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
most flashes can recycle that fast for short periods of time if you take the power down to like 1/8th or 1/16th just using regular batteries with it. you can shoot for longer, or at higher powers if you have an external battery pack for your flash, its not recommended that you to it too often or for too long though because you can fry your flash.

Those are hot shoe speedlights and probably match the brand of camera they are mounted on.

Like the previous poster mentioned, at less than full power speedlights can recycle pretty quick. Because there is so much ambient light in the scene they were shooting, they were probably using FP sync so they could use a shutter speed much faster than the regular x sync flash speed and shooting in burst mode at several frames per second.

There's a little slave on the ground too. (under stars)

skateslave.jpg

The on camera on my Canon DSLRs will flash that fast. I've never mashed the button with the 580 on the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back