What filter(s) to get (NATURE photography)

iskoos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am mostly interested in nature/landscpe photography and would like to buy one or two filters to see how they would change the pictures.

I pretty much eliminated the UV filter becasue it looks like it does nothing other than protecting the outer lense. I believe I can protect that myself:))

I will buy one Neutral Density filter. That's in my cart though I don't know which brand I should get. I have Canon equipment and I would like to get a Canon if possible(even if they are more expensive) but if there is other brands clearly superior to Canon that you guys recommend, I'd go for that too...

And other than the Neutral Density filter, what other filter should I be considering? Polarized???

Thanks...

Last edited:
Gradient Neutral Density filter. Was well worth it for me.

Last edited:
Polarized would be helpful for reducing glare off of a body of water, so that is always a good buy.

Gradient filters are good for getting a richer sky when taking landscape pictures.

If you are taking some black and whites, colored filters are good to get a decent contrast, although it is just as easy to do it in post-production.

Ya, if you're serious about it, get a Cokin grad ND filter. I have the "P" series for my Canon. I've only used it once but it does make a difference. It has it's own holder you need to buy but the slider versions are so much better than the round filters. Much more versatile.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back