what happened to my pics?

lovely:grumpy: ........ so, before i go surfing. would the cheaper route be to just get another camera or have canon replace the sensor? i would really like to get an upgrade, but i have to face the facts ..... i'm married now and the wife isn't exactly going to just say, "yeah, sure!!:hug::.... go get that new camera!!!"...lol

it might be your laptop. Those pictures look totally fine...

as in the software in the laptop or the monitor itself? i'm looking at other pics and i'm seeing a huge difference in pics. not the pics from something like a 20mpg dslr, but from other rebels.
i'm seeing the same thing when i look at pics on my home computer as well.

as in the software in the laptop or the monitor itself? i'm looking at other pics and i'm seeing a huge difference in pics. not the pics from something like a 20mpg dslr, but from other rebels.
i'm seeing the same thing when i look at pics on my home computer as well.

Wait are you comparing your images to the images take by another person? There are soooo many issues that could be affecting what you are seeing however the images that you posted at the top of this thread look fine. They look like pictures off a camera not a cell phone.

If you are trying to compare your images to those of other rebel users STOP you have no idea of what lens was used what settings were used or what post processing was done to the image.

What ISO are you shooting at? Is it possible that you are seeing ISO noise?

this is another wierd thing ..... those pics were shot at iso100. i took some pics at iso1600, hand held, without flash and those pics look better than the pics that i posted above. these pics were taken at iso1600, sigma 10-20m dcHSM, manual @ +1, no flash. i don't see any differnce (quality wise ... noise or grain) in the pics taken @ iso100 or iso1600. in fact, to me, the iso1600 photo looks to have more definition in lines and colors (all pics were done @ 20% gry scale).

BotanicalGardens004.jpg

Wait are you comparing your images to the images take by another person? There are soooo many issues that could be affecting what you are seeing however the images that you posted at the top of this thread look fine. They look like pictures off a camera not a cell phone.

If you are trying to compare your images to those of other rebel users STOP you have no idea of what lens was used what settings were used or what post processing was done to the image.
ach ney!! ..... lol .... i'm only comparing my pictures to my earlier pictures. that reply you read was in response to "maybe it's your laptop". i was only clarifying if the reader was talking about the software in my laptop or the monitor itself. i understand that most of the pics here are edited, from different setups and such. but no, i am comparing my pictures now from pictures when i first purchased the camera. and they don't appear to have the same quality now as before.

I would hold off on buying a new camera. If your camera is two years old there's no way the sensor is trashed or even going bad... unless I guess it's defective.

Most of us here don't see any real problems with the images posted. Let's see the others ones when you get home and we'll go from there.

i don't see any differnce (quality wise ... noise or grain) in the pics taken @ iso100 or iso1600
View them full size. You WILL see a difference.

I just read the entire thread. Man, are you serious? There is nothing wrong with that camera. This is mind boggling - if you want more edge sharpness, than do it in post. The camera, while still taking sharp photos, is STILL going to be more conservative on default settings than any post processing (whether in camera or out).

They look fine to me as well. Are you looking at them in a bigger version than they are taken for.

i'm looking at the pictures after windows has fit them to the page.

it's all good, i'm taking the camera to a photoshop here in town today and just pay for some image test that they have.

thanks for the help though.

just a thought and I have no idea how much or little you do - but there is a chance that the older shots you have were edited by either you or the internal camera settings to a different methor/standard to what you do today.
Its very easy to get lazy with editing and leave bits out and over time end up with a degraded quality of finish - so first check your editing methods.
Secondly reset you camera to factory settings through the main menu 0 might be you adjusted a custom setting and now shots are not how you like

are you selling your pictures to photographers? you must be a perfectionist.

just a thought and I have no idea how much or little you do - but there is a chance that the older shots you have were edited by either you or the internal camera settings to a different methor/standard to what you do today.
Its very easy to get lazy with editing and leave bits out and over time end up with a degraded quality of finish - so first check your editing methods.
Secondly reset you camera to factory settings through the main menu 0 might be you adjusted a custom setting and now shots are not how you like
in the prior older pics that i'm basing my observations from, yes i did edit them. the only edits performed were color and croping (maybe a couple with dodging and burning) but i never used the sharpen function. it had a wierd affect on the pictures so i never liked it.
but to my knowledge, other than the parameters in the menu, there are no in-camera processing features. but i did do a camera reset a while back, i stated this earlier hoping that my be my problem and i'm overlooking something that was set back to default.

are you selling your pictures to photographers? you must be a perfectionist.
i don't sell pictures, when somebody asks me to do a pic for them, i usually do it for free. minus the costs of gas and things that they want specific in their photos. i enjoy taking pictures and if i can help out a student that doesn't have the money to do a good yearbook pic, or a parent that wants a nice photo of their child .... then i try to help them out. now, i don't know about you or other members of this forum, but i TRY to do things perfect when i take a photo. it doesn't mean that i do them perfect, just that i try. so if that makes me a perfectionist, so be it. and at the same time, it's not a bad thing to be a perfectionist as long as i push myself to be that way.... and not push you to do the same.
but, it would be nice to have photo stock to sell ;).

Most reactions

Back