What happens when you put a $20 lens on a $2000 camera?

Moe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[deleted]

Last edited:
Moe
This is a terrible lens...look at what it did to the sky. It made it all kinds of colors and it is much larger than the land. Go get your $20 back. ;)

Better yet, send it to me ;)

LOL $20 is $20..... not really losing anything by trying. :)
Not bad for $20.

If that is the 19-35mm F/2.5-4.5 AF lens for $20, that is a steal. I believe that is the one made by Cosina and at the same time, you can find one made by Phenoix, Vivitar, Promaster, Tokina, Quantaray ....

For what it cost normally, it is still a pretty good lens for the money. I had one with Promaster brand with Canon mount. It is not as sharp and contrasty as my Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 lens, but it is not bad either. And it is a full frame lens.

But for $20 ... IT IS A STEAL!

Add that **** to your gear list..

:D

I picked up my 18-55 kit lens for $20.... guy thought it was broken but it apparently worked on my D40X.

If I were to kill over today my dear wife would probably sell you my digital Hassy for $20. :lmao:

There a plenty of possible reasons someone would sell cheap but it doesn't mean the gear is complete cr*p.

If I were to kill over today my dear wife would probably sell you my digital Hassy for $20. :lmao:

There a plenty of possible reasons someone would sell cheap but it doesn't mean the gear is complete cr*p.

You're a marked man now :gun:

If that is the 19-35mm F/2.5-4.5 AF lens for $20, that is a steal. I believe that is the one made by Cosina and at the same time, you can find one made by Phenoix, Vivitar, Promaster, Tokina, Quantaray ....

For what it cost normally, it is still a pretty good lens for the money. I had one with Promaster brand with Canon mount. It is not as sharp and contrasty as my Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 lens, but it is not bad either. And it is a full frame lens.

This is the Cosina on a 1D but it is not made for full frame
161845261_eoNse-L.jpg

On a 10D
313358162_ofSPa-L.jpg

On a 5d iso3200
474209651_NUY4w-L.jpg

This is the Cosina on a 1D but it is not made for full frame

On a 10D

On a 5d iso3200
great pics.. so crisp...

Wow, more responses than I thought. Mine is the Tamron 19-35 3.5-4.5. I'm not sure if the 2.5 as mentioned earlier was a typo. It's funny, because my wife asked me if that was what it was selling for elsewhere. Thing is, I couldn't find it being sold elsewhere; I told her yes anyway. Glad everyone thinks it's a steal, because I sure do. gsgary, those are very nice photos. Ron, your photos are excellent for a $15 lens. You got me beat in the price department!

Oh, and c.cloudwalker, I may be going to Europe this fall. I need to get your wife my number. You know, just in case something happens to you. I'll have my $20 ready for the Hassy. :D

Wow, more responses than I thought. Mine is the Tamron 19-35 3.5-4.5. I'm not sure if the 2.5 as mentioned earlier was a typo. It's funny, because my wife asked me if that was what it was selling for elsewhere. Thing is, I couldn't find it being sold elsewhere; I told her yes anyway. Glad everyone thinks it's a steal, because I sure do. gsgary, those are very nice photos. Ron, your photos are excellent for a $15 lens. You got me beat in the price department!

Oh, and c.cloudwalker, I may be going to Europe this fall. I need to get your wife my number. You know, just in case something happens to you. I'll have my $20 ready for the Hassy. :D

I paid £69 but they go for about £140

Most reactions

New Topics

Back