What is Boxer Turtle? (Rules Thread)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
How it works:

Step 1 - Post your topic ideas all day, everyday!
Step 2 - On Wednesday (5-6 PM), I'll post a poll with 10 topics from that list (and previous weeks). Voting lasts until Friday at 5-6 PM EST.
Step 3 - As soon as the poll is closed, start shooting! Only the winning topic counts here, and in the case of a tie, choose either one.
Step 4 - Pictures are due at 5:00 PM EST on Sunday in a new Boxer Turtle Pictures thread that will appear when topic voting ends.
Step 5 - A Boxer Turtle poll will be added to the Boxer Turtle Pictures thread at 5 PM EST on Sunday, so the pictures and the voting are in one place. The poll closes Tuesday at 5 PM EST.

Topic suggestions:

-- Just post them in the suggestion thread, and they'll be added to the queue next topic voting
-- The topics go through a weeding process to keep only the ones that foster creativity and multiple interpretations.
-- After that, 10 are randomly selected (Sequence by random.org), and those are put in that weeks poll
-- If your topic is not in the poll, it was either weeded out, or is still valid to be chosen in future weeks! Please only suggest new things each week

Photo guidelines

-- Unlike Fight Club, no late photos will be accepted in Boxer Turtle because of the longer time line
-- New photos, taken between Friday and Sunday only will be accepted
-- Keep it work safe

Voting

--All voting is done via polls, and the polls close automatically.
--In the case of a topic poll tie, any of the tied topics can be used for that week's contest
--In the case of a photo tie, I'll pick a contest participant at random (also by random.org), and they will cast the deciding vote anonymously. (Unless you have a better idea!)

Last edited:
Joe,

Any chance that the voting Step 2 could be pulled forward to close 24 hours earlier? Whilst it's probably great for any one in the Western hemisphere where the weekend is Sat/Sun, but it doesn't work for me because the topic isn't decided until I'm into my working week. At that point I've virtually no chance of doing anything in daylight hours - it goes dark here at 18:30 latest and I'm rarely home from work until 17:00 - which means I'm constrained to what I can come up with using artificial lighting.

The deadline for submissions can stay the same, but just extend the time for them by a day.

Joe,

Any chance that the voting Step 2 could be pulled forward to close 24 hours earlier? Whilst it's probably great for any one in the Western hemisphere where the weekend is Sat/Sun, but it doesn't work for me because the topic isn't decided until I'm into my working week. At that point I've virtually no chance of doing anything in daylight hours - it goes dark here at 18:30 latest and I'm rarely home from work until 17:00 - which means I'm constrained to what I can come up with using artificial lighting.

The deadline for submissions can stay the same, but just extend the time for them by a day.
Eeek, I didn't see this until now. Unfortunately, the schedule is what it is, because it's what works for me... If we close the voting on Thursday instead of friday, the poll would have to be added on Tuesday, and that'd be an extra day that I'd have to sit around waiting to post something.

I guess we could close final voting, and post topic voting on Tuesday, so my days would be Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday instead, but I'm pretty sure everyone's sick of me constantly changing the schedule. I'll think about it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back