What's new

What is that big round thing?

Dao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
6,427
Reaction score
462
Location
St. Louis
This photo from MSNBC regarding the US Open today.

At the upper right hand corner of the photo, a photographer's camera had a big round thing attached to the camera front right where the lens is located. I wonder what that is. It doesn't looks like a lens since it's kind of big. I think few heads down to his right, another photographer also had one.

Do you know what that is?
 
Do you mean the rain hats they are wearing??? Several men there have rain hats on....the new,modern style...
 
Probably a ring flash, but I can't say for sure without a better description.
 
That's simply a BAFE lens.

That is a lens with a Big Arse Front Element. He's probably also got a hood on which helps with the size.
 
Do you mean the rain hats they are wearing??? Several men there have rain hats on....the new,modern style...

I gonna get me one of those so I can go pro. :D
 
I personally like the guy in the very back just to the right of the flash, he's a true pro taking pics wiht his cell phone :). Screw thousands of dollars in bodies and lenses that you have to put on the ground, I got an IPhone and I'm making money, yay!:greenpbl:
 
That's the trophy. LOL. JK. Pretty sure it is a big ass lens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom