What Is The Best HDR Photo You've Ever Seen?

ToddM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What's your vote for the best HDR photo you've ever seen? Post your vote here.

This is by far the best HDR photo that I personally have ever seen.

Why?

1. It looks like a standard photo with the exception that all normally shadowy areas can be clearly seen.

2. It doesn't look like an over saturated acid trip.

3. This photo seems to capture what the human eye can actually capture. This photo makes you "feel like" you're there in person seeing this scene.

4. It's super cool to see into night time windows and even see some detail on the "other side" of the windows. You can actually see detail inside a darkened room. What your naked eye would actually be able to see if you were there in person.

I have my PC hooked up to a 54" UHD TV and when I view this HDR photo "large screen" the detail seems incredible. You can clearly see into windows in a night scene that look like they're about 75 yards away. Just look at the buildings that are mid distance about 3 o'clock in the photo and you clearly see the detail in them just as well as the buildings in the foreground.

Best HDR Photo Ever (Link to original source)

You gotta download this photo and view it on a large HD screen. It's incredible.

Edit:

I did a Tin Eye search and found the author and original upload here:

DeviantArt

Photo info:

© Bing.com Worldwide, Wallpaper 1920x1080 - 2015-09-06
Manhattan’s Financial District as seen from Brooklyn Heights, New York
© Andrew C. Mace/Getty Images.
Research & Uploaded By:
www.facebook.com/BalochDesigns
www.instagram.com/Lumia_Focus
Image size
1920x1080px 330.31 KB

Last edited:
I have no info as to the owner of this photo and I can't remember where I got it.

You are not allowed to post photos that you do not own the copyright to. Please post only a link to the original source.

The best HDR photos that I have ever seen were done by a Malaysian real estate photographer. They appeared to be regular photos of a resort property, but he showed the originals as well as his HDR photos. They had Extreme dynamic range, But were rendered as if they had been seen with the naked eye

The best HDR photos that I have ever seen were done by a Malaysian real estate photographer. They appeared to be regular photos of a resort property, but he showed the originals as well as his HDR photos. They had Extreme dynamic range, But were rendered as if they had been seen with the naked eye

Do you have any links to those photos? I would like to see them.

That's pretty good. The first thing you think of, when you see a good HDR, will not be "ah, HDR."

Most reactions

Back