What is the standard photo editing software on a Windows machine?

For beginners, I'd think using what came with the camera is a great starting point. Mixing software from different manufacturers might be a big challenge, unless it's a Canon-only class. I'm sure the look and feel of Canon's program differs from the Nikon ViewNX.

Last edited:
For beginners, I'd think using what came with the camera is a great starting point. Mixing software from different manufacturers might be a big challenge, unless it's a Canon-only class. I'm sure the look and feel of Canon's program differs from the Nikon ViewNX.

Well I certainly wouldn't make it a Canon only class. That would leave a lot of money on the table. :lol:

I'm sure the programs are all a different feel, but the concepts are probably all there.

It's just a matter of positioning it correctly before people sign up. I just need to figure out a way to do that effectively.

For clarification:

The reason I'm asking about this, is because I am thinking about teaching a **beginners** DSLR workshop, geared towards moms, bloggers, hobbyists, etc. I've had a few of my clients mention how they wish they could use their cameras better, and that sparked the idea.

That being said I don't know if I should stick STRICTLY to the cameras, or consider entry-level global edits as well, but therein lies the problem of "What software is everyone using??" I have recently come to the discovery that apparently my target client market all happen to be Mac users, so I may not have that issue. But just in case *they* bring a friend, who isn't maybe my target clientele for portraits, but does wanna learn how to use their camera, and ALSO happens to be a Windows user... I was trying to figure out if there is something common and universal that I should learn.

But it doesn't seem like there is.

Also, Snowbear - Is it Windows 8 that it shipped with? Or your *computer* manufacturer?

I know I had something on my Dell, but it was something Dell was sticking on the computers, not Microsoft.

Ooooo are you going to have a webinar class on CL? I'll pay the subscription fee :)

For clarification:

The reason I'm asking about this, is because I am thinking about teaching a **beginners** DSLR workshop, geared towards moms, bloggers, hobbyists, etc. I've had a few of my clients mention how they wish they could use their cameras better, and that sparked the idea.

That being said I don't know if I should stick STRICTLY to the cameras, or consider entry-level global edits as well, but therein lies the problem of "What software is everyone using??" I have recently come to the discovery that apparently my target client market all happen to be Mac users, so I may not have that issue. But just in case *they* bring a friend, who isn't maybe my target clientele for portraits, but does wanna learn how to use their camera, and ALSO happens to be a Windows user... I was trying to figure out if there is something common and universal that I should learn.

But it doesn't seem like there is.

Also, Snowbear - Is it Windows 8 that it shipped with? Or your *computer* manufacturer?

I know I had something on my Dell, but it was something Dell was sticking on the computers, not Microsoft.

Ooooo are you going to have a webinar class on CL? I'll pay the subscription fee :)

483ef0911f5e27073a015b45aee7a288b9c8d3bfa104f8bfe6625572f97cfa52.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back