What is wrong with my Canon XS!!?

I have it set on continuous shooting and ai servo.

On Canon gear servo is continuous.

I set to manual, shutter to 1/500, jog mode and NOT raw, one shot ai.......hold shutter and 3seconds between shots. Turn dial to auto sports and it fires away 3-5 fps. Lost.

I know. But he has it set on one shot ai according to this post. That could be the cause of the problem.

I tried one shot and ai servo. Still not working properly. In my viewfinder the digit all the way to the right shows a "1". On auto sport it shows "9". I think that's the buffer. But still not making sense. 2 pages in on this thread and I fear I won't get it sorted. I'm appreciating all the input. I'll keep trying everything u throw at me.

Ok. I made a short video of my problem. I show that it's working fine in auto sport, but after that it just goes slow in manual mode. Hope the video shows u what I'm talking about.

What do u think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt look like the forums accepted the link. Search on utube for "canon xs problem" by jford

Memory card is empty. Remember it's working fine on sports auto.

Check in your Custom Function menu, if Long Exposure Noise reduction is on, if it is turn it off

Check in your Custom Function menu, if Long Exposure Noise reduction is on, if it is turn it off
Ding ding! You are the winner sir! Thank you. That was the problem. I knew better than to fool around in the custom function menus! Thanks to all who assisted. Great community and I hope I'll help one of u at some point also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back