What is your idea of a holiday?

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am asking because a friend told me I should be relaxing on my holiday. Instead my left leg has a huge bruise from skiing 3 days ago, and my right knee has a brace on it after injuring it while snowshoeing up a Canadian mountain. I also drank so much I nearly checked myself into the hospital in Prague, I picked a fight with a large Hungarian in Budapest, and we nearly launched a firework into ourselves in Vienna.

The friend in question spent 2 weeks laying in the sand in Hawaii to which all I can say is <yawn>.

Tomorrow's adventure takes me into the Rockies where we will attempt to ski at Jasper despite the -25 degree temperatures and the frostbite warning. Now this is a holiday. I look forward to work so I can relax.

I'm in the US. Thus, my idea of a holiday is Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Independance Day..... :lol:

A vacation on the other hand, where I vacate work and go do something would be sitting on the beach much like you said about your friend. I bust my tail at work all year long, I want to relax.

In reality, my vacations are only time available to work on the house and bust my tail some more. Can't afford to do anything else in this economy anyways...

I'm in the US. Thus, my idea of a holiday is Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Independance Day..... :lol:

A vacation on the other hand, where I vacate work and go do something would be sitting on the beach much like you said about your friend. I bust my tail at work all year long, I want to relax.

In reality, my vacations are only time available to work on the house and bust my tail some more. Can't afford to do anything else in this economy anyways...

What the hell are you??? James Bond???

Holidays: Excuse the quality of the first 2, bad scans from prints

1987: Driving a 1974 MGB from Cambridgeshire, England to Greece taking in France, Italy and Yugoslavia on the way.
europe1.jpg

1998: Driving a 1975 MGB From London, England to Portugal via France, Spain and Andorra.
europe2.jpg

2008: Driving a 1979 MGB from St. Louis, Missouri to the Jersey shore.
jersey1.jpg

Those are the holidays I enjoy.

Last edited:
Peace and quiet away from work, people and life. Two of my favorite holidays I have had....
Cycled to Niagara Falls from my house.(160 kms one way, aboot 100 miles American) No cell phone, no nothing. Just me, my bike and a little point and shoot camera and nature
Last year, I rented a car....drove to Ottawa, and stayed where ever, did whatever, wandered wherever.

I love wandering the planet alone, and being able to go where I want..that is my holiday. :D

I like both types of vacations. Sometimes we go on vacation and try to fit in as many activities as possible. This is certainly fun (if everything goes well) and adventures certainly make for better memories and stories.
However, at the end of a vacation like this...you still feel like you need a vacation. Especially when you get home and go right back to work.

A relaxing vacation can also be a great thing. In this case you want to avoid adventure and just relax. Sometimes a week off of work, spent at home, can be a great vacation.

My problem is that I can't afford to take a lot of vacations...so when I do take one, I try to mix the two types.

I'm with Big Mike! So many of my vacations are jam packed, I feel like I need another day or two off when I get back, but there's nothing quite like it. Once in a while, though, a nice relaxing trip is what you need...

My vacations are days like today. When I don't have to go to work and I can either sit on my butt or take my camera out and get some shots.

Or scuba diving, that's cool too lol.

Peace and quiet away from work, people and life. Two of my favorite holidays I have had....
Cycled to Niagara Falls from my house.(160 kms one way, aboot 100 miles American) No cell phone, no nothing. Just me, my bike and a little point and shoot camera and nature
Last year, I rented a car....drove to Ottawa, and stayed where ever, did whatever, wandered wherever.

I love wandering the planet alone, and being able to go where I want..that is my holiday. :D

Who watches over your basement while you are gone?

Craiglist?

Nocturnal murderous manic requires a fun loving, thick skinned helper to look after rotting corpses and a few undead. Will pay 8oz of blood daily. Please, garlic eaters need not apply.

Call Chiller (505)798-7762

Who watches over your basement while you are gone?

Craiglist?

Nocturnal murderous manic requires a fun loving, thick skinned helper to look after rotting corpses and a few undead. Will pay 8oz of blood daily. Please, garlic eaters need not apply.

Call Chiller (505)798-7762

Chiller does. :lmao::lmao::lmao: And he always makes a mess by the time I get back.

Skiing and camping. Jasper sounds like fun, except for the extreme cold, then there's no fun in skiing.

I am asking because a friend told me I should be relaxing on my holiday. Instead my left leg has a huge bruise from skiing 3 days ago, and my right knee has a brace on it after injuring it while snowshoeing up a Canadian mountain. I also drank so much I nearly checked myself into the hospital in Prague, I picked a fight with a large Hungarian in Budapest, and we nearly launched a firework into ourselves in Vienna.

The friend in question spent 2 weeks laying in the sand in Hawaii to which all I can say is <yawn>.

Tomorrow's adventure takes me into the Rockies where we will attempt to ski at Jasper despite the -25 degree temperatures and the frostbite warning. Now this is a holiday. I look forward to work so I can relax.

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???? JAMES BOND???

To me a holiday is where I dont have to work nor think about work. But yeah I cant just lounge around like a couch potatoe. I have to stay somewhat busy or risk feeling suicidal or homicidal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back